• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Strider Knives, Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duane hasn't confirmed it, but he hasn't denied it either. if something like that was posted about me, and it wasn't true, you can be sure that I would be screaming my innocence. Maybe Duane handles things in a different way.

Could be that he is secure and wishes not to dignify this thread with a response (just a thought)

I could care less one way or the other but from the school i went to these are the kinds of accusations that should be handled by 2 men face to face. :)

the school i went to these are the kinds of accusations that should be handled by 2 men face to face.

The elementary school I went to was like that too; a bully could cover up anything he did by intimidating the witnesses. That's not as easy in the grown-up world.

Duane hasn't confirmed it, but he hasn't denied it either. if something like that was posted about me, and it wasn't true, you can be sure that I would be screaming my innocence. Maybe Duane handles things in a different way.

I notice you spend a fair amount of time in the Good bad and ugly forum helping folks to find the way, kind of providing a moral compass for those with out as highly a developed code of behavior as yourself. A lucky combination of copious free time and a strong sense of community I assume.

Here is Strider Knives number perhaps you could give Duane a call and council him. :thumbup: 1.760.471.8275 It would be great Keith if you could take lead on this project.

Please keep us updated.

Thanks

The elementary school I went to was like that too; a bully could cover up anything he did by intimidating the witnesses. That's not as easy in the grown-up world.

Still happens out here in grown up land too. Lots of different ways to be a bully. Many of them can be very civilized in appearance.

Could be that he is secure and wishes not to dignify this thread with a response (just a thought)

I could care less one way or the other but from the school i went to these are the kinds of accusations that should be handled by 2 men face to face. :)

I didn't mean this thread, I meant what was posted on P.O.W. Network.

If your talking about my comment Mr.STR....i suppose it could be an attempt as you say OR it could be the FACT that i spend 2-5 hours a day at a care home visiting my father and other's there who's moments of breath are precious....and by the way my father served and is decorated twice i also served....there are kids serving rite now for our freedom...it just seems that since they are giving there lives so we can be free that we should be more productive with the time we have....Thats all Sir...i guess i just see things a different way..No offense intended :)

I don't mean to sound like I don't appreciate your take. I too am a vet. My only son was one of those serving for our freedom in this most recent of wars we find ourselves in for an 18 month tour of duty. Life is short. I am well aware of that and have worked in health care most of my life before retiring. We are not wasting it by discussion here in my opinion and I don't think we see all that much differently maybe other than this.

To me this is a much better use of my time than what I used to do with it so I would say it all depends on your point of view Mark. Have a happy holidays.

STR

all marines requalify with the m-16 annually. they are cooks, admin pogues, even real 0311's (infantry). to become a sniper, you need to be one of the best 0311's in your unit. then you must get a quota to go through a scout/sniper course. only then when you return to your unit will you be in their STA (sniper target aquisition) platoon. the quotas are not easy to get! add in the drop out rate=not too many snipers. most high speed/ low drag mcgyver school graduates dont talk very much (SOP, mission, intel., all are classified even when you leeve service.) whoever that person in the record is, is definately a REMF (rear echelon mutha f*****) i dont own any of their knives, so i can't judge their product. any ex-marine who embelishes his record is doodoo! a member in my unit once wore "lead" jump wings around the university of hawaii in his "charlie" summer uniforms. he was teased and never lived it down! he never did go to jump school! just my take.

Still happens out here in grown up land too. Lots of different ways to be a bully. Many of them can be very civilized in appearance.

Yep. You could always gather a crew of your closest supporters and have everyone publicly decry the "injustice" and declare you are departing for greener pastures. Or you could have them call your "detractor's" place of employment and try to get them fired. Or you could whisper to their suppliers and try to have their accounts yanked. Or you could badmouth their business practices. Or you could call for a boycott of their business. Or any of all sorts of other "hypothetical" scenarios.

It's always interesting how low some people will go, then turn around and scream about the injustices they are suffering.

One thing is for certain. I've been at my shop 5 days a week since this stuff first started. I've been easy to find, and nobody has done one thing. Nobody has called. I haven't gotten a registered letter. Nothing. I did have Duane Dwyer walk up to me at SHOT a couple years ago and ask if I wanted to step outside, but I walked away from him; it's been interesting how that story has been changed over and over to my "running away crying in fear with wet pants" by various people. Then again, some people's stories never quite match the reality, do they?

So, Justabuyer and bigmark408, what exactly does getting in a fight prove? Or is it just another way to bully someone?

Yep. You could always gather a crew of your closest supporters and have everyone publicly decry the "injustice" and declare you are departing for greener pastures. Or you could have them call your "detractor's" place of employment and try to get them fired. Or you could whisper to their suppliers and try to have their accounts yanked. Or you could badmouth their business practices. Or you could call for a boycott of their business. Or any of all sorts of other "hypothetical" scenarios.

It's always interesting how low some people will go, then turn around and scream about the injustices they are suffering.

One thing is for certain. I've been at my shop 5 days a week since this stuff first started. I've been easy to find, and nobody has done one thing. Nobody has called. I haven't gotten a registered letter. Nothing. I did have Duane Dwyer walk up to me at SHOT a couple years ago and ask if I wanted to step outside, but I walked away from him; it's been interesting how that story has been changed over and over to my "running away crying in fear with wet pants" by various people. Then again, some people's stories never quite match the reality, do they?

So, Justabuyer and bigmark408, what exactly does getting in a fight prove? Or is it just another way to bully someone?

Please don't attribute Bigmarks Posts to me.

Here is Strider Knives number perhaps you could give Duane a call and council him. :thumbup: 1.760.471.8275 It would be great Keith if you could take lead on this project.

Might does not make right. Keith is a helpful, honest and well respected member of this community. You're barking up the wrong tree here...

Seems from the stand point of that mentality I guess when the bigger badder better fighter wins in the man to man fight that this means he is the one that gets to say, 'so there, I'm right' as he spits on the guy he just fought. Now whether he is right or just or if not is a non issue.

You know, thinking it over this kind of sounds like my Great Pyrenees taking a dog treat from my smaller collie mix dog whether it was his or not. He is bigger and badder so he gets his way whether he is in the right or not. What a way to live huh? Maybe for a wolf pack but I thought we were more civil than this.

STR

Oh yeah? Like where? Like When? \

Like when you came into the thread whining about owning Striders, spouting about how they are nice blades and you don't care who sells them, and how you demand proof of these accusations, then having an attitude toward others who aren't in your boat, suggesting that they just shut up and don't buy the knives, much like tuning out of a bad program, and when I suggested you follow your own ironic advice in regards to this thread, you know, don't read and post if it upsets you so, as your posts were very aggressive, you backpedaled, as if you just innocently strolled in, asking for verification.

That isn't how it went, I called you on your statement, and you backpedaled, plain and simple. That's why you lashed out and got smacked by the mods for it. That's why you took cheap shots, because a "kid" made you trip over your own logic. Heh.

Anyway, I honestly can't believe the stuff I'm reading in here. People sure are fickle.

I thought we were more civil than this.

STR

We are Civil its just this has been such a trauma for everyone. I think some of us need treatment for PTDS (post traumatic drama syndrome)

I don't know how I have been able to keep my sense of humor.

Who's whining besides you?? I asked a question to the validity of what's being said about Duane Dwyer and made a statement about the knives. That's all...I was being inquisitive. I still stand by the original statement I made. So I ask, where did I back peddle? Are you trying to tell me if I don't like this thread don't read it? Well, I do like this thread, but it's not generating any answers thus far. Just unproven hearsay about Duane Dwyer. If you don't like my analogy I'm sorry, it wasn't a slam against you personally or anyone else. But it's true. I don't like certain knife companies and I pay them no mind and no money.

OK, Spark came to your defense because I was being childish. Will I lose sleep over this? Probably not...more than likely not. I have a right to share my opinion as do all of us. There's no need to get your panties in a bunch because we have a difference of opinion.

That's that.

enterthedubya.jpg

20060710-bushlove.jpg

bush_flipping_bird.jpg

I did have Duane Dwyer walk up to me at SHOT a couple years ago and ask if I wanted to step outside, but I walked away from him; it's been interesting how that story has been changed over and over to my "running away crying in fear with wet pants" by various people.

Are you serious??

If so, that absolutely seals it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back