• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Strider Knives, Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did have Duane Dwyer walk up to me at SHOT a couple years ago and ask if I wanted to step outside, but I walked away from him; it's been interesting how that story has been changed over and over to my "running away crying in fear with wet pants" by various people.

Damn Spark, your sapper-fu would have probably overcome the dreaded digital-data-fu!

Damn Spark, your sapper-fu would have probably overcome the dreaded digital-data-fu!

Meh, whatever. I was nothing special in the Army - Combat Engineer, Airborne, Lower Enlisted, One Each. I never was a Ranger, Special Forces, Sniper, Chef, PJ or SEAL. I have nothing to prove to anyone.

I notice you spend a fair amount of time in the Good bad and ugly forum helping folks to find the way, kind of providing a moral compass for those with out as highly a developed code of behavior as yourself. A lucky combination of copious free time and a strong sense of community I assume.

Here is Strider Knives number perhaps you could give Duane a call and council him. :thumbup: 1.760.471.8275 It would be great Keith if you could take lead on this project.

Please keep us updated.

Thanks

Lots of snide, backanded, insincere compliments in that post.

Lots of snide, backanded, insincere compliments in that post.

Lots of that here in other posts too Keith. Its been cheap shot and veiled wise crack heaven for a couple guys in this thread. I find myself at times questioning agendas here, wondering if what is going on isn't an effort to stir up enough crap or make attempts to bait enough folks into personal insults and ego trips to drag off topic just long enough to have the thread closed by Spark or Cougar. It seems to be no secret that some think it best to tuck this under the rug and not discuss it so it makes sense.

STR

I'll tell you whats ludicrous. Everybody wants to crucify two guys who love to make knives who lied about their military career, weather they had one or not, but the same people are not as upset with a man running this Country into the ground, who never served in the military, who sends our kids off to war to be killed for freedom, who has never fought for freedom himself. That sir, is ludicrous.

I think you're not understanding the proper and appropriate forums for discussion here.

This is bladeforums.com, a community and internet forum dedicated to knives and related topics. Because of that, you will se a significantly higher quantity of discussion around knives and knife related topics here than you will see elsewhere. Additionally, the majority of the topics discussed here will be about knives, or knife related. A knife maker falls into that category.

That means that if a knife maker lies in a way that many people, particularly those who have served in the armed forces, feel angry or offended, you are quite likely to find discussions of it heres.

If you watch the news, or visit any of the myriad political websites and forumes, which are dedicated to discussing US politics and politicians, you will find that a significant amount of the discussion centers around George Bush, and that much, if not most, of it is very critical of him and not very flattering. At the same time, it is very unlikely you will find anyone there discussing knives, knife related topics, or knife makers who have lied about their past.

There is occasionally some cross-over, though. If you go to the political board on bladeforums here, you will find numerous posts about Bush, and again many (or most) of them will be highly critical.

Mr. Spark, i dont know you accept that you own this forum that i try my best to be respectful in nor do i know Mr. Dwyer or own any of his knives as of yet....all im saying is there are lots of folks jumping on someone who is not here to speak his side so there for whats the point...someone hear spoke of being a bully....what do you call a 15 page rant about a man's charactor that is not even present....in my opinion i call it a waste of energy...thats all.

as far as fighting is concerned...personally i have been in fights where after we shook hands and respected each other...cuts and bruises heal fast and then you can get all the nasty hatred out of your heart.

So, Justabuyer and bigmark408, what exactly does getting in a fight prove? Or is it just another way to bully someone?[/QUOTE]

....all im saying is there are lots of folks jumping on someone who is not here to speak his side so there for whats the point...someone hear spoke of being a bully....what do you call a 15 page rant about a man's charactor that is not even present....in my opinion i call it a waste of energy...thats all.

They could post anytime if they wanted to...

I think you're not understanding the proper and appropriate forums for discussion here.

I don't? I thought everyone was traumatized by the hurtful lies of the Strider guys' military past? What the hell are the knives in discussion here for? Did Mick or Duane or whatever the hell their names are, ever take money for a knife and not deliver? Did they ever not take care of any customers who need service on a knife? The knives are not the issue here, but the military past/lies/whatever is. Bushs' military career is the same as Bill Clintons', neither had one, and apparently neither did the Strider guys. Who really is so upset over this?
I think you people are more upset with yourselves for believing their horseshit, then you are for their horrible lies.

I think Spark, (if that is your real name), should post Strider up in the GBU hall of shame. That way there, grown men, who are self-righteous, and who have been mentally traumatized and morally wounded by the horrific lies of Strider Knives, can come together and help one another cope and deal with everyday life in a constructive manner. This will help them all heal and be productive in society again, in an soft, cozy, environment that is still part of Bladeforums, but separate in its own way, away from all the un-necessary trauma from the outside world.

Kid: Mommie....They lied to me, what am I gonna do now with my life??!!!

Mommie: For God sake, your 38 years old, Grow up already!!!

Here is Strider Knives number perhaps you could give Duane a call and council him. :thumbup: 1.760.471.8275 It would be great Keith if you could take lead on this project.

Please keep us updated.

Thanks

Hey Justabuyer, I thought you were going to call Strider and ask them to sort all this out. After all, this mess is affecting your investments directly. What is the company doing to help you, the paying customer?

Please keep us updated.. you are going to call, aren't you?

Digital Data Technician!

Well, that explains the great website!

These guys are focking frauds. They have always been focking frauds. They will always be focking frauds.

Anyone who buys one is a tool and a poser or at best, a sucker.

There, I am done now.

I am just waiting for their 5 knifemaker buddies to chime in to say how great they are to drink with!

I've never drank with either of them, but I hear they drink Guinness so I'd drink a few with them. I'd drink with Osama bin Laden if he bought the Guinness. (Then get him wasted, turn him in for the reward and buy more Guinness...)

I don't consider myself a tool or a sucker and I'm definitely not a poser. My MOS was 19K4HA8. In civilian-speak that's a Segeant First Class Armor Crewman who is Instructor and M1A1 Master Gunner qualified and I earned the Combat Action Badge in Iraq.

I carried 2 Striders and a MMHW in Iraq. My first Strider AR was lost during a mortar attack in Mahmudiyah (FOB St. Michael) while searching for the Chaplain to take him to the wounded. It was replaced free of charge by a dealer from another forum. I used the replacement AR to pry open a locked door to the S2 office to retrieve body armor belonging to the BN CDR's 'terp. The knife blade was scratched by the door frame, but didn't bend a bit. I never used my Striders or MMHW in hand to hand combat with anyone, but I once carried them in a room containing 2 SEALs and a CIA Operator. I'm disappointed that the Strider guys embellished their service records, but they still make a quality product.

I currently own 3 Striders. So, are you calling me a tool and a poser or just a sucker?

I don't think you're a poser at all. You appreciate a well made tool.

But, with that being said...there are posers out there who think a certain knife will make them look like a tough guy because it's "operator" approved. They go around with their $500 safe queen acting like they're some super-secret-reserve-special agent-operator to their friends. Look what I got, this IS what SF carries in Iraq!!! Please. I ask... are you REALLY going to stab someone one day???? These people need to seek the help of mental health professional or if they want to be a badass...enlist.

Sure, there are collectors and sure, I have a couple of safe queens, but I buy knives to use and not as a investment for the future. Knives are tools made to be used. I think there was only a few times I have sold a knife over what I paid for it.

all im saying is there are lots of folks jumping on someone who is not here to speak his side so there for whats the point...

Duane is a member (username Duane Dwyer). So is Mick (username Mick Strider).

Of course one might imagine no one has told them about the post on www.pownetwork.org or the discussion here....

Actually, I hope the prices DO go down, both retail and resale; then I could get a titanium framelock knife(a sturdy one too!) for not much money.
Of course, that's because I'm just a buyer, and want the most knives I can get which don't suck.:)
I think the knives are okay, just the lies were a bit, well, I really don't care to tell the truth. I'm not a mall ninja, or an ex-duty or active duty soldier, or have any other reason to be offended by the Strider guys lies.
But I DO think the knives were overpriced for production pieces, and if the lies drop the price so I can afford them better, then cool.

I think Spark, (if that is your real name), should post Strider up in the GBU hall of shame. That way there, grown men, who are self-righteous, and who have been mentally traumatized and morally wounded by the horrific lies of Strider Knives, can come together and help one another cope and deal with everyday life in a constructive manner. This will help them all heal and be productive in society again, in an soft, cozy, environment that is still part of Bladeforums, but separate in its own way, away from all the un-necessary trauma from the outside world.
My real name is at the bottom of every post I make. I don't need multiple aliases to conduct myself.

As for the rest of your post, I'm deeply appreciative of your concern for the well being of various forum members. I'm sure that they will also appreciate your concern for President Bush.

Past that, however, your posting could do with a bit less appeals to emotion. Nor does it address what's actually gone on. That said, it's nice to see you do recognize someone wasn't truthful...

hotrodKelley said:
I think you people are more upset with yourselves for believing their horseshit, then you are for their horrible lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back