• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

And like that, may have now disabled comments on Facebook.

So no comments on Instagram, Facebook, and they're scrubbing the best they can on YouTube.

Makes me happy but also so frustrated because they're somehow going to keep this going.

I picked up a Survive knife on the exchange and it was very well made and had great fit and finish. Very disappointing to see they are treating their customers so poorly because their knives are solid.

I read through this thread and I think the biggest issue is that their knives are underpriced. They are still filling orders from years ago when materials and labor were cheaper. I'm looking at making knives again and I'm shocked at how expensive everything is now... I did the math and I can't even make one of my machetes for the price I used to sell them for. I used to sell a 23.5in DHT 52100 heavy machete with a sheath for $199 shipped :oops:. Just getting a blade that big HT at Peters is $100 now.

They are probably taking a loss on all those old orders of 5in+ CPM 3V knives for ~$200 bucks.

I picked up a Survive knife on the exchange and it was very well made and had great fit and finish. Very disappointing to see they are treating their customers so poorly because their knives are solid.

I read through this thread and I think the biggest issue is that their knives are underpriced. They are still filling orders from years ago when materials and labor were cheaper. I'm looking at making knives again and I'm shocked at how expensive everything is now... I did the math and I can't even make one of my machetes for the price I used to sell them for. I used to sell a 23.5in DHT 52100 heavy machete with a sheath for $199 shipped :oops:. Just getting a blade that big HT at Peters is $100 now.

They are probably taking a loss on all those old orders of 5in+ CPM 3V knives for ~$200 bucks.

Lol, no. That is not the biggest issue with Survive.

Are they still fling orders from years ago or just issuing refunds as they come? They count as the same on their "progression" chart so it is impossible to actually know.

The biggest issues are them not being able to put their products out in a reasonable (and oft promised) time frame, nearly every (or is it every?) issues with the production/company is blamed on outside sources, and they lie to, string along, and censor their paying customers.

If their products are now underpriced because materials are currently more expensive then that's their meal to eat. They should have done what they said 100 times. But they didn't. Oh well.

Survive has never, ever been able to deliver a knife in a timely manner. Their problem is- They've already spent the money from prepaid orders without having delivered the knives paid for.

They didn't fall behind. It's been like that from day 1 starting almost 10 years ago.

They do not have enough financial resources on hand today to deliver all the knives they've accepted payment for.

Survive is solely responsible for the mess they've made of their business.

Last edited:
Today they are claiming they have some in-stock ready to ship inventory.
View attachment 2342248
They have, on rare occasions, shipped within 90 days. However, none of these (supposedly) in stock knives will reduce their backlog or fill the orders that were placed in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 or earlier this year.

Remember about a month ago when "Tyler" said "We have now prioritized all older orders." Obviously, that was more BS. We now see that Tyler is about as reliable as Guy and Ellie.

BTW, they have once again limited who can comment on FB.

I recognize this is a thread where many have raised concerns about Survive's business practices. I hope I can add a constructive viewpoint to the conversation.

Based on my personal experience as a customer, I have found that while Survive's ordering and fulfillment process is not ideal, I have ultimately received all 7 knives that I have paid for.

While asking for full payment upfront rather than a deposit may seem risky and improper, I don't believe it constitutes stealing or fraudulent behavior. The company appears committed to delivering products to paying customers, even if there are delays.

I offer this simply as one customer's experience, in case it's helpful context. I understand others have had different interactions.
Thank you so much for posting. I am so happy to hear that you got yours.

Do you think that filling more recently placed orders (like yours) before filling the unfulfilled orders from 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023 constitutes fraudulent behavior?

I am so sick of hearing that the company is "committed" to customers and that them staying in business is some kind of virtuous behavior. Guy and Ellie are fighing to stay in business so they can keep getting a paycheck. Full Stop! If Guy and Ellie cared about customers they would have filled the outstanding orders from 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023 before filling newer orders.

I recognize this is a thread where many have raised concerns about Survive's business practices. I hope I can add a constructive viewpoint to the conversation.

Based on my personal experience as a customer, I have found that while Survive's ordering and fulfillment process is not ideal, I have ultimately received all 7 knives that I have paid for.

While asking for full payment upfront rather than a deposit may seem risky and improper, I don't believe it constitutes stealing or fraudulent behavior. The company appears committed to delivering products to paying customers, even if there are delays.

I offer this simply as one customer's experience, in case it's helpful context. I understand others have had different interactions.

It has been acknowledged that people do receive knives from them.

The issue is there are many that haven't. And their lies.

When did you order and when did you receive them?

Considering their conduct with the ordering, production, and delivery, lies to customers, and their censorship of negative comments, all due respect to you, but it is pretty laughable to say this:
The company appears committed to delivering products to paying customers,

They are not committed to that. This thread and their conduct is the proof.

I have nothing to offer in defense of my opinion. I am truly troubled by the points mentioned as well and feel that the way Guy practices business is unacceptable. Had I been aware of these things before ordering many years ago, I would have never patroned them myself.

Thank you for starting and participating in this thread and for helping educate others out there who would not be aware of the risk if they came across Survive with no context.

They constantly lie about delivery dates and then ghost you. I don’t think anyone has gotten a replacement blade from their decarb issue a year ago, even tho the orders were placed months or even a year plus before that happened. They kept telling me it was right around the corner for a year straight and they’re still no where to be found. No one cares how many knives you yourself have received from old orders or from their batches of factory seconds or cerakoted ones with decarb issues. There are orders still open from 6+ years ago. Unacceptable..and for you to shill for them says something. There are hundreds of examples in this tread of Guy repeatedly lying about delivery dates, ghosting people, removing their comments from social media, being caught in repeated lies etc

Last edited:
One more thing...

Survive has claimed that as of now all old emails have been answered and that their new hire is promptly responding to all new emails. That is not true. There are MANY recent posts on their FB page with customers that have yet to get a response from S!K. The private S!K fan page is regularly "cleansed" of negative comments, but there are a lot of disgruntled customers posting there too.

As of today, S!K has turned off comments on FB and continues to limit posts on Insta and YT. This is not the way a company behaves when it is "committed" to customers.

One more thing...

Survive has claimed that as of now all old emails have been answered and that their new hire is promptly responding to all new emails. That is not true. There are MANY recent posts on their FB page with customers that have yet to get a response from S!K. The private S!K fan page is regularly "cleansed" of negative comments, but there are a lot of disgruntled customers posting there too.

I completely agree with this post. I have pending emails myself that are still unanswered from years ago. This is no way to conduct a business. My use of the word "committed" was, in retrospect, regrettable.

EDIT: This is not intended to be a shill. I do not encourage anyone to do business with this company unless they are willing to accept the risk of losing their money.
Um, that's nice and all, but still not recognizing what is really happening. If you order a knife from survive you may not get it, and that is a problem, but not the bigger issue.

The point of this thread is to out survive as a scamming conartist run ponzi-scheme. If you give them money, you are enabling them to continue the grift and scam other people. In fact, if you give them money and get a knife from them in a timely fashion while others wait years, you are getting a knife someone else funded long ago, while your money is being used to keep the lights on at survive. They are always chasing the next mark. They open for preorders, deliver very slowly, run out of money, sell "2nds" (which are really the previous buyer's firsts), and use that money to pay their bills. Rinse and repeat for a decade of scamming conartist griftwork.

So yeah, it's not so simple as "buy at your own risk". Nope, buy if you want to enable thieves to continue thieving. Who wants to do that? The "as long as I get mine" crowd. Don't be them.

Um, that's nice and all, but still not recognizing what is really happening. If you order a knife from survive you may not get it, and that is a problem, but not the bigger issue.

The point of this thread is to out survive as a scamming conartist run ponzi-scheme. If you give them money, you are enabling them to continue the grift and scam other people. In fact, if you give them money and get a knife from them in a timely fashion while others wait years, you are getting a knife someone else funded long ago, while your money is being used to keep the lights on at survive. They are always chasing the next mark. They open for preorders, deliver very slowly, run out of money, sell "2nds" (which are really the previous buyer's firsts), and use that money to pay their bills. Rinse and repeat for a decade of scamming conartist griftwork.

So yeah, it's not so simple as "buy at your own risk". Nope, buy if you want to enable thieves to continue thieving. Who wants to do that? The "as long as I get mine" crowd. Don't be them.
All good points ser. I personally will not enable them in the future thanks to this thread. For my part, I had no idea about their business practices prior to finding this forum.

Last edited:
What are people's thoughts on the secondary market?
It's better than buying from them directly since they don't make money off a knife that's already been sold. That being said, I know I wouldn't want to be associated with them. There are plenty of other reputable manufacturers that make great knives out there.

There's no after sales support. A guy returned a defective knife and it took something like 2 years to get a replacement. He posted somewhere in the last 50-100 pages.

There's no after sales support. A guy returned a defective knife and it took something like 2 years to get a replacement. He posted somewhere in the last 50-100 pages.
👇
That was me with the 4.7 that I sent in and though they said they could find nothing wrong with it they wanted to "keep it for testing" and replace it for me.
I finally received a replacement GSO 6 in May after almost 3 years!
It's a great knife, but holy cow what a painful process (and full of the typical timeline lies).

If you are seriously considering buying a knife from survive, hold up, wait, let me rephrase that... if you are seriously considering placing an order with survive, I strongly recommend watching this video to help you in the process.

Back