• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

Does anyone know what's happened with Millet? Did Survive put them out of business?

I don't believe they're out of business. I ran into a gentleman from Millet about 6-8 weeks or so ago at my friend's machine shop and visited with him a little bit after being introduced. When I realized he was with Millet I said something to the effect that it was nice to meet him and asked how the move had gone. He seemed a little surprised when I mentioned the move, but then said that it had gone well, that they were getting settled, and after a little more conversation said to stop by some time. He was very pleasant. I'll tell you what he didn't do, he didn't throw Guy and Ellie under the bus or start running anyone down.

Yes. Total bullshit excuses from them. They expect people to believe that they had to scrap a huge batch of knives? All Millets fault too? Who makes a few hundred blades before assuring that they are in tolerance? Nobody!

Does anyone know what's happened with Millet? Did Survive put them out of business?
100% correct, that is manufacturing 101, but it is not taught in Lying & Stealing 101 which SURVIVE! could write a book on.

Percentage of Orders Fulfilled​

Jul 2nd 2021

In this post we want to talk about order fulfillment. Specifically, the amount of orders that we have fulfilled over the years and what we have left to achieve. We have created the table below to let our customers know that even though there have been production delays over the years, there has also been significant progress.
A quick history for folks that are newer to SURVIVE!: Guy began selling knives in 2012 and we remained completely caught up on orders at the start of 2015. At that time demand began to far outpace our production, so the SURVIVE! Starter was announced. That crowdfunding campaign was more successful than we had ever imagined it would be. The boost from those sales went directly to finishing equipment, materials, and to our subcontract service providers at the time for the heavy machining steps. But scaling up to meet that new level of demand brought with it unforeseen complications. Ultimately, we realized that we would never meet the fit & finish standards we were striving for while working with other companies, which meant we recently began investing heavily in becoming our own manufacturer. That does not mean we’ve just been sitting around doing R&D until we got it all figured out. We have been working hard, rerunning, hand fixing, and fighting our way through setbacks to get knives out as quickly as possible, while continuously improving and learning from each experience. Despite all the delays from those growing pains, we have accomplished a lot over the years. While we aren’t 100% caught up yet we have shipped out a lot of excellent knives. Now that we finally have all of the manufacturing happening in one location, we fully expect to be closing the books on our backlog in only a few short months.
Here is our table showing the percentage of orders that have been closed for each year that SURVIVE! has been in operation. We will continue to update this table with our progress so check back regularly to follow along. Keep reading below the table for more insight into when these will all reach 100%.
picture1.png

2015: Includes the earliest GSO-12, GSO-4.5, GSO-10, and GSO-8 preorders. This number will approach 99% in the next month or two, as the GSO-12 and GSO-4.5 preorders are fulfilled. There are not many GSO-10s and even fewer GSO-8s open from this year so that last 1% will be completed once the first batches of GSO-10 and GSO-8 orders ship.
2016: The orders from this year are about one-third GSO-4.5s and one-third GSO-5.1s with the remaining third a mix of other models. You will see the fulfilled percentage increase as we finish up the GSO-6 and GSO-12 runs with some big jumps once we get into the GSO-4.5s. It will reach 100% in a few months, when that first round of GSO-5.1 preorders are completed.
2017: This one will be at 100% in the next month or two. Because we started limiting preordering around this time the only open orders from this year are for the GSO-6 and a small batch of GSO-12s. The large increase between the June and July count is from GSO-3.5 orders being finished.
2018: Ordering was completely turned off for most of 2018. The only orders that have yet to be fulfilled from that year are all for the GSO-4.5. This number will stay the same until we get further into shipping GSO-4.5s but then it is going to climb to 100% almost immediately.
2019: About half of the orders from 2019 are for the GSO-5.1 with the other half being a mix of other models. This one will be increasing steadily as we work our way through the various models. Then you will see a quick jump to 100% as we ship out GSO-5.1 preorders.
2020: There is a wide mix of orders from this year with the GSO-6s having the largest proportion of open orders. You will see a big increase, to up over 50%, as those are fulfilled through this month. After that this number will continue to increase steadily. 2020 was the year we introduced some of our newer models, but those preorders have been limited so they will be fulfilled much more quickly than past production runs.

Percentage of Orders Fulfilled​

Jul 2nd 2021

In this post we want to talk about order fulfillment. Specifically, the amount of orders that we have fulfilled over the years and what we have left to achieve. We have created the table below to let our customers know that even though there have been production delays over the years, there has also been significant progress.
A quick history for folks that are newer to SURVIVE!: Guy began selling knives in 2012 and we remained completely caught up on orders at the start of 2015. At that time demand began to far outpace our production, so the SURVIVE! Starter was announced. That crowdfunding campaign was more successful than we had ever imagined it would be. The boost from those sales went directly to finishing equipment, materials, and to our subcontract service providers at the time for the heavy machining steps. But scaling up to meet that new level of demand brought with it unforeseen complications. Ultimately, we realized that we would never meet the fit & finish standards we were striving for while working with other companies, which meant we recently began investing heavily in becoming our own manufacturer. That does not mean we’ve just been sitting around doing R&D until we got it all figured out. We have been working hard, rerunning, hand fixing, and fighting our way through setbacks to get knives out as quickly as possible, while continuously improving and learning from each experience. Despite all the delays from those growing pains, we have accomplished a lot over the years. While we aren’t 100% caught up yet we have shipped out a lot of excellent knives. Now that we finally have all of the manufacturing happening in one location, we fully expect to be closing the books on our backlog in only a few short months.
Here is our table showing the percentage of orders that have been closed for each year that SURVIVE! has been in operation. We will continue to update this table with our progress so check back regularly to follow along. Keep reading below the table for more insight into when these will all reach 100%.
picture1.png

2015: Includes the earliest GSO-12, GSO-4.5, GSO-10, and GSO-8 preorders. This number will approach 99% in the next month or two, as the GSO-12 and GSO-4.5 preorders are fulfilled. There are not many GSO-10s and even fewer GSO-8s open from this year so that last 1% will be completed once the first batches of GSO-10 and GSO-8 orders ship.
2016: The orders from this year are about one-third GSO-4.5s and one-third GSO-5.1s with the remaining third a mix of other models. You will see the fulfilled percentage increase as we finish up the GSO-6 and GSO-12 runs with some big jumps once we get into the GSO-4.5s. It will reach 100% in a few months, when that first round of GSO-5.1 preorders are completed.
2017: This one will be at 100% in the next month or two. Because we started limiting preordering around this time the only open orders from this year are for the GSO-6 and a small batch of GSO-12s. The large increase between the June and July count is from GSO-3.5 orders being finished.
2018: Ordering was completely turned off for most of 2018. The only orders that have yet to be fulfilled from that year are all for the GSO-4.5. This number will stay the same until we get further into shipping GSO-4.5s but then it is going to climb to 100% almost immediately.
2019: About half of the orders from 2019 are for the GSO-5.1 with the other half being a mix of other models. This one will be increasing steadily as we work our way through the various models. Then you will see a quick jump to 100% as we ship out GSO-5.1 preorders.
2020: There is a wide mix of orders from this year with the GSO-6s having the largest proportion of open orders. You will see a big increase, to up over 50%, as those are fulfilled through this month. After that this number will continue to increase steadily. 2020 was the year we introduced some of our newer models, but those preorders have been limited so they will be fulfilled much more quickly than past production runs.
It seems that they do read what we say despite their claims of not visiting Bladeforum and they even boot people that are part of this group from their FB page. I wonder if the percentages here are due to refunds and made up numbers. I see that many people ordered the GSO 5.1 in 2015 & 2016 and they are not even close to shipping. I am suppose to believe that if I order one now they will be sent in months not years. I say they will sell your 1st as 2nds and leave you waiting. What orders were taken in 2020 with there stopping for covid did nearly 40% of the blades get finished? More Lies

Percentages mean nothing unless you provide the context of production totals....

Skepticism is certainly appropriate here. These people have spent so many years lying that nothing they publish should be taken as honest or accurate.

A guy who hunts my place with has a TSK on order with them. His original promise date was July 2020 but of course that came and went with no explanation. Those got several production "schedule" updates, all of which were not met unless "soon" means more than the close to a year they've been "at final machining". I expect that when he comes for deer this fall the knife won't have shipped despite the production "schedule" indicating they'd ship in 2-6 months 4 months ago.

In general I don't think people can deny their nature so I don't expect Survive to suddenly stop doing underhanded things.

It seems that they do read what we say despite their claims of not visiting Bladeforum and they even boot people that are part of this group from their FB page. I wonder if the percentages here are due to refunds and made up numbers. I see that many people ordered the GSO 5.1 in 2015 & 2016 and they are not even close to shipping. I am suppose to believe that if I order one now they will be sent in months not years. I say they will sell your 1st as 2nds and leave you waiting. What orders were taken in 2020 with there stopping for covid did nearly 40% of the blades get finished? More Lies
Sagemode, may I ask where you got the % completion post from Survive? I subscribe to their email, and didn't receive that info. Another forum? Facebook private group, maybe?

Postscript: Same here... I also received the Survive! email update on July 5th (several days later than Sagemode received it). I guess they were batching out the emails to avoid SPAM filters at major email server hubs?

Last edited:
Sagemode, may I ask where you got the % completion post from Survive? I subscribe to their email, and didn't receive that info. Another forum? Facebook private group, maybe?
I'm interested in knowing, too. I subscribe to their newsletter (well, I don't know so much subscribe, but get it sent to me somehow), and thought I'd read them all. I don't recall seeing tables.

ETA: Nevermind. I JUST got their latest newsletter, and there it was!

The move is no doubt a result of scummy scamming behavior. Burnt all the bridges. Time to move again. Con artist 101.
It will be the reason they don't deliver by Christmas. We had to move because of Millet and we lost our new employees so this delay will blah blah blah....

I'm interested in knowing, too. I subscribe to their newsletter (well, I don't know so much subscribe, but get it sent to me somehow), and thought I'd read them all. I don't recall seeing tables.

ETA: Nevermind. I JUST got their latest newsletter, and there it was!
I either saw it on their News page on their website or it was in an email I don't remember which was first. I am not not FB anymore. I really hope they get their act together. I have had a dislike for them since they lied to me about my orders and I had to cancel one and they canceled my other one without my approval and sent my money back to me. If you look at their contract on business they really don't have to give, send, or do what they advertise they do and any link you click does away with the previous ad they have on date of completion. That several months statement they make is a marketing ploy that under the fine print gives them the right to do as they feel in one post Ellie made. Hinze is the reason they took their old FB page down as their statements kept coming back to bite them in the rear. I ordered a GSO 5.1 in May of 2016 and none of them have even started get mailed yet. That is over 5 years and not one GSO 5.1 has been sent to anyone that I know of. They have certain people that scour the Net to get pro news out and bash the others that get special treatment. I am sad that I use to be Pro Survive Knives and would tell others I got both of my orders in 8 months the GSO 5 and then the GSO 3.5 in 8 months also on separate orders. I followed by a 7/7 in Jan 2016 and a 5.1 in May 2016 and after several missed deadline they sent to me and I know for a fact they sold my 7/7 as a 2nd and then took years to make them again that I would never take them for their word again. One can read their past statements to know that chart has flaws. They say they reopened sales on the 5.1 and others because of the cancelled ordered and they list the sales of that designed over certain years shows me they pushed their math around to make themselves look good. Why are 2019orders getting done before the 2016 orders I might ask them on the 5.1. So for the sake of the people that have orders out there they need to get all those orders out by Dec 2021. I doubt the 5.1 will get done by then and I mean all of them Survive.

Exactly. No indication of the 3 year backlog or specifics about the number of models in front of this blade that is starting production next month. Here's the latest production schedule - also from their website. We can speculate all we want, but the evidence is pretty clear when it includes their own words and obvious lack of transparency. But hey, production is starting on this one next month! :)

IN THE FINISHING STAGES:
(In the SURVIVE! Workshop: being finished, sharpened, built, and packed up)
  • GSO-4.1: Preorders from June, July, and August 2015 are being worked on and shipped! We will be working on completing Preorders over the next few months.
  • GSO-7/7: Starter Orders are all completed! More Preorder blades are being surface finishing and built this month. Preorders from May 2015 are shipping. Preorders are being worked on and shipped alongside the GSO-4.1 Preorders.
  • GSO-4 Limited: Materials are all in-house and Preorder handles have all been microtextured! We are working on fulfilling the first batch of Preorders now!
  • GSO-3.5: Some handle materials have arrived and are being added to the machining schedule! Once we have sample sets of handles, sheath production can get setup. Some blades will be surface finished this month.
  • Weekly Sales orders are being worked on alongside preorders and presale orders (This includes Factory 2nds and Ugly Betty knives). The last of the Weekly Sales orders will be shipped this month!
*Remaining blades, Factory 2nds and Ugly Betty knives will be made available as part of our Monthly Sales, as we come across them while working on fulfilling existing preorders.

***Please note: There is a lot going on in the SURVIVE! Workshop these days. We are doing our best to get through existing preorders, but it will take several weeks from when preorders for a particular model start shipping out, until they are all fulfilled.***

IN PRODUCTION:
  • SK-3.5: In Production, completion TBD. Blades are in the final stages of production and handle materials have started to arrive. Check back for regular updates!
  • GSO-12 / SK-12: In Production, blades are in the process of being heat treated. Handle design has been completed!
  • GSO-6 / SK-6: is morphing from sheets of steel into actual blade blanks at the waterjet!
The entire SK models have been quashed. I recall they were going to make the GSO line go faster but now they changed them to GSO upgrade and I recall they cost about the same so it was planned to get more money in. Time to move again to keep local DAs off their heals and give them a fall back story that they hit another hurdle. Heck Survival Lil... can make more blades than these crooks.

Last edited:
Problems since 2012 and still going? If you send these people funds for a knife that doesn't exist then the undo stress is your fault in my eyes.

I don't believe they're out of business. I ran into a gentleman from Millet about 6-8 weeks or so ago at my friend's machine shop and visited with him a little bit after being introduced. When I realized he was with Millet I said something to the effect that it was nice to meet him and asked how the move had gone. He seemed a little surprised when I mentioned the move, but then said that it had gone well, that they were getting settled, and after a little more conversation said to stop by some time. He was very pleasant. I'll tell you what he didn't do, he didn't throw Guy and Ellie under the bus or start running anyone down.

That gentleman sounds like he wasn't a scumbag, so basically the opposite of Ellie and Guy. I have to confess, I get a tiny amount of joy from the possibility that either of those two trashbag scammers are reading this thread, and the fact that this thread pops up whenever anyone searches for their bullshit fraudulent little company probably angers the both of them. Ahhhhh....it's the little things, really.

I know for a fact that they ban people from their private group because they had somebody ask me a question and then linked Ellie into the thread to delete me. They have all their fanbags and people they give knives to scour the net and trash the decent. I have no doubt that the two of them create fake pages to come here and elsewhere to defend their practice. They have remarks like when you check the ok box it then supersedes the few months wait time and makes it indefinite and it is your fault for clicking the box. They don't care if they email you and then say it will be a few weeks or months. This is one reason they stop emailing people is because they were using their words against them. I don't understand why the FTC and Local DAs don't arrest them or force them to abide by their words. WE need to ask where did they get 500K to buy new equipment if they are so broke? How can they acquire a new place and move if they are so broke? They only thing they are consistent on is send us money by any con game they come up with and just wait for perfection. No deadline has ever been met and not they don't care and will lie to keep your money as long as they can. I tell Survive what if they can complete all the orders like they say by Christmas 2021 I will never trash talk them again. I know I anger them because they took time to address my comments many times. I told you back then it would had been better to send me my product than lie about it and telling me the knife would be ready in a few weeks only to sell 10 batches of them before I realize that it would take years before you got around to making them again. Then you tell me it was my fault for not asking for a refund after you missed a 3 week deadline. Money coming in was all you were concerned about. I guess you thought I would give up after you sent my money back without me telling you to do so. Yes it been a long 3 years for you hasn't it. I don't forget.

I know for a fact that they ban people from their private group because they had somebody ask me a question and then linked Ellie into the thread to delete me. They have all their fanbags and people they give knives to scour the net and trash the decent. I have no doubt that the two of them create fake pages to come here and elsewhere to defend their practice. They have remarks like when you check the ok box it then supersedes the few months wait time and makes it indefinite and it is your fault for clicking the box. They don't care if they email you and then say it will be a few weeks or months. This is one reason they stop emailing people is because they were using their words against them. I don't understand why the FTC and Local DAs don't arrest them or force them to abide by their words. WE need to ask where did they get 500K to buy new equipment if they are so broke? How can they acquire a new place and move if they are so broke? They only thing they are consistent on is send us money by any con game they come up with and just wait for perfection. No deadline has ever been met and not they don't care and will lie to keep your money as long as they can. I tell Survive what if they can complete all the orders like they say by Christmas 2021 I will never trash talk them again. I know I anger them because they took time to address my comments many times. I told you back then it would had been better to send me my product than lie about it and telling me the knife would be ready in a few weeks only to sell 10 batches of them before I realize that it would take years before you got around to making them again. Then you tell me it was my fault for not asking for a refund after you missed a 3 week deadline. Money coming in was all you were concerned about. I guess you thought I would give up after you sent my money back without me telling you to do so. Yes it been a long 3 years for you hasn't it. I don't forget.
Earlier, you mentioned that you know for a fact that they sold your 7/7 as a second. If that's true, it's just further confirmation of how stupid and fraudulent Guy and Ellie are, and how poor their business practices are. If a knife meant for a customer was deemed a "second", it's really on the company (knowing how poor they are at meeting obligations/deadlines) to offer to sell you that specific knife, YOUR knife, at a discounted price. It's one more reason why everyone knows they are scammers and scumbags who are squeezing every dollar they can out of everything they can. After all, now they have a "knife" that technically they've sold twice. It's one of the reasons they got kicked out of here, because they were selling "seconds" before people had even gotten any of their "firsts" yet, showing that the whole "seconds" thing was vaporware all along. They were actually selling knives twice.

Also, can I just say, I really hope they do send some of their bootlickers in here to defend them. That'd be great.

Earlier, you mentioned that you know for a fact that they sold your 7/7 as a second. If that's true, it's just further confirmation of how stupid and fraudulent Guy and Ellie are, and how poor their business practices are. If a knife meant for a customer was deemed a "second", it's really on the company (knowing how poor they are at meeting obligations/deadlines) to offer to sell you that specific knife, YOUR knife, at a discounted price. It's one more reason why everyone knows they are scammers and scumbags who are squeezing every dollar they can out of everything they can. After all, now they have a "knife" that technically they've sold twice. It's one of the reasons they got kicked out of here, because they were selling "seconds" before people had even gotten any of their "firsts" yet, showing that the whole "seconds" thing was vaporware all along. They were actually selling knives twice.

Also, can I just say, I really hope they do send some of their bootlickers in here to defend them. That'd be great.
I got a message from them saying the 7/7 was completed, inspected, and met their stringent guidelines and in a few weeks would be shipped. When I did not get the 7/7 it extended to a few more months and likely before Christmas " one of their slogans to keep people holding on till the end of the year". Then it went to the first quarter of the new year but what I saw were batches of 2nds going out each month for the rest of the year on the 7/7. So from my order in Jan 2016 they led me on till Christmas of 2018 because they know you want to give yourself a present and by the time bladeshow came around in 2019 I took the money from the 7/7 and bought a better knife. I even picked up a 7/7 second from someone that didn't want it and to be honest I haven't even used it. I have a bad taste for that company and would never use it to promote their business. I have fanbags that told me the GSO 5.0 was not a good knife anymore due to the Delta 3V upgrade. I told them strange just a few years ago they said it would last a life time in regular 3V. Those Steel snobs talk like regular 3V wasn't good anymore. Heck I guess they abandon a steel just as soon a new one comes around. I must admit Magnacut seems good but will it make me trash A2, 3V, AEB-L, or even 1095 if that is what someone enjoys heck no. I tell it like it is and I remember telling them they use misleading words like "May, Should, or Expect" and then they started using the words "Will" and then a few months later they change their website after getting the money in. They use this Christmas excuse too many times and I can tell you and others you will not get your knives all 10+ models by Christmas. I doubt the GSO 5.1 will get sent out by then and I ordered that one May 2016 so let that sink in. That means 5 years and going and some of their fanbags have even deleted their FB accounts after defending them. I think it was some guy with a fake account telling people 3 years was not a long time to wait for the best knives out there yet the man admitted he never pre-ordered a knife as he didn't want to wait yet always had them to flash to others to say what a good knife it was. Yet 3 years has now turned into 6 years wait for people just as I predicted the wait time will get longer for those that don't cancel. I believe that the canceled orders are getting included as completed percentages and even if they cancel a model it gets added. A few of those years they were selling only SK and Essential Line of knives and then they abandoned those knives yest that year shows a high completion rate according to their chart. Lying with Numbers is what we call it in Statistics. Just wait the Move to TX will be the reason they had another set back and they expect the blades to get sent out by fairy tale date.

They do have bootlicking liars on their side because they use to say we don't come to bladefourm at all because all the people are wrong about Survive.

They are about done with the order from years past ha ha har har...... GSO 5.1 , 6, 8, 10, 12, and 4.5 are all over 5 years and counting

Well, this would explain why people that bought and received seconds could never find the fault in the “second.”

They are about done with the order from years past ha ha har har...... GSO 5.1 , 6, 8, 10, 12, and 4.5 are all over 5 years and counting
Yep. That’s me. Over 5 years waiting on a 5.1. Actually a second one. Man…. I think I need to cancel. F-in’ 3v just isn’t that much better than 20CV.

Yep. That’s me. Over 5 years waiting on a 5.1. Actually a second one. Man…. I think I need to cancel. F-in’ 3v just isn’t that much better than 20CV.
Totally different steels for totally different purposes. But yes, get your money back while you can.

Back