• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

Interesting to see that they are very active on page 2 of BHQs Coming Soon section with multiple GSOs. I hope that this means everyone who has been waiting will have their GSOs in hand ASAP!

I had not realized BladeHQ BladeHQ "carried" survive products. I wonder if they know the very poor business practices of survive. If they ever get any knives from survive, no doubt the will be built using money paid by customers who have been waiting years for their knives. Not something you would think a quality dealer would want to be involved with....

Just got my shipping confirmation. Ordered back in September 2020. Guess I should consider myself lucky?

Just got my shipping confirmation. Ordered back in September 2020. Guess I should consider myself lucky?
As the saying goes, “Pics or it didn’t happen.”
Looking forward to seeing your knife. What did you order?

As the saying goes, “Pics or it didn’t happen.”
Looking forward to seeing your knife. What did you order?
Zbv4D9F.png

A 4.7 originally, but they changed the time frame on those. So I emailed about a month back and asked if they could change my order to a 3.5. They responded back in under a half hour and refunded the difference and said it would be shipped out in a couple weeks. I've read through this entire thread and understand why people are angry; my one and only dealing with them has been fine so far (minus the added 4-7+ month wait on my original order). I picked up a 4.1 from another user on here, so I didn't mind swapping down to the 3.5. Because of this thread I am now looking into getting a DEK1 though as well!

Hope you enjoy it.
They CAN make good knives. They just have a terrible business model, and questionable (at best) ethics.

This whole situation is ridiculous. I thought I was crazy for agreeing to wait 6 months for a Sharp By Design knife, and they have a good reputation.
Why in the world would anyone agree to wait for more than 6 months for a knife that doesn't have an astronomical resale value, any particularly (PATENTED!) unique attributes, and a design that is constantly undergoing changes?

Where are they finding these rubes that agree to those... not even sure I can call them... "terms"?

Utterly confused why even non-knife people would plunk down that much money when a quick Google search would expose the nonsense, and even more confused how anyone on this forum could be duped. We represent probably the top 1% of people that know their knives and everything about steel and knives in general.
What's so enticing about these knives that they could pull a fast one on so many of our members?

I am on every conceivable mailing list and have never seen one for sale. I regularly get new listings for everything from Atlantic Knives cheapo gas station knife offers to some of the consignment outfits that regularly offer $3000 Striders, many of which sell out in hours.

I can't imagine how they manage to make a single sale for a new knife at this point. Are these just people that bought literally half a decade ago? No one is actually placing new orders, are they?

This whole situation is ridiculous. I thought I was crazy for agreeing to wait 6 months for a Sharp By Design knife, and they have a good reputation.
Why in the world would anyone agree to wait for more than 6 months for a knife that doesn't have an astronomical resale value, any particularly (PATENTED!) unique attributes, and a design that is constantly undergoing changes?

Where are they finding these rubes that agree to those... not even sure I can call them... "terms"?

Utterly confused why even non-knife people would plunk down that much money when a quick Google search would expose the nonsense, and even more confused how anyone on this forum could be duped. We represent probably the top 1% of people that know their knives and everything about steel and knives in general.
What's so enticing about these knives that they could pull a fast one on so many of our members?

I am on every conceivable mailing list and have never seen one for sale. I regularly get new listings for everything from Atlantic Knives cheapo gas station knife offers to some of the consignment outfits that regularly offer $3000 Striders, many of which sell out in hours.

I can't imagine how they manage to make a single sale for a new knife at this point. Are these just people that bought literally half a decade ago? No one is actually placing new orders, are they?
Scroll back in the thread a page or two and there is a guy asking if he should plunk down his money. He knows they don’t have a good reputation but the knife looks so darned tempting. P.T. Barnum had a saying. He wasn’t wrong..,

sorry the post I was referring to was actually in the survive thread below, but the point is still legitimate

I've seen about 17ish? for sale between ebay, here and another forum within the last 2 months. Just this month two 3.5's have sold and have seen a 10 and 2.7 for sale here.

Pathetic. Nothing even remotely worth the hassle to deal with them. Dozens of bladesmith that will make a better looking (sharpening choil f one) knife in 20CV or 3V. Zviad doesn't list these bozos in the knife steel database even.

...... extraneous stuff deleted ......

In my case, that is EXACTLY what the case is. I am still awaiting ONE knife, that I literally ordered over 5 years ago. At this point, the "value" of that money has depreciated so much that it is easier to just wait it out. ASSUMING I will still get it. Which DOES seem to be becoming more of a risk.

At least it seems people are getting refunds. I can't question a guy's particular need for a specific knife, but if it just has to be one of these, the auction site seems like it spits up a couple a month. Unless you are dead set on one of these, doesn't it sound better to get a refund and buy one on the secondary? IME fixed blades on the secondary either DO or DO NOT have obvious signs of use- none of the things we have to be wary of on folders.
Doesn't make sense for me to point out that there are same style knives by the dozens, but I will only because Aaron Gough just released a drop of his knife (that's singular- interesting strategy, he makes one knife, and one knife only, but in lots of scale options) which is really similar in style.
If this were a complicated watch or other uniquely "artistinal" item I'd understand, but putting up with all this for a fixed blade?
I'm not looking down on anyone, but for those still willing to put up with this knowing you can get your money back, I'm curious why.

In my case, that is EXACTLY what the case is. I am still awaiting ONE knife, that I literally ordered over 5 years ago. At this point, the "value" of that money has depreciated so much that it is easier to just wait it out. ASSUMING I will still get it. Which DOES seem to be becoming more of a risk.
i waited almost 5.5 years for my 3.5.

So all of you guys still waiting prefer to wait it out rather than just get your money back and buy one on the secondary because you just HAVE TO HAVE one of these?
3V is nice steel but in the last 5 years there have been lots of new options that seem to be equal to or better. And the design is nothing special. I can think of a half dozen knives off the top of my head that share similar designs.
What's up with this? Is it just the fact that you have been waiting so long that it's the principle of the thing at this point?

Back