• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

I use to defend them to others and I wanted them to succeed to make all the customers happy. The lies and lies added up to the point I saw them as crooks and a crook will do anything or say anything to get over on you. I use to take it fishing but they were never that great at cleaning fish. I finally sharpened it over what they did just so it could slice paper without catching. They are a pry bar with an edge made to split wood and say hey now that's a knife other than that they do not excel in any area. I have an ESEE 5 that I think will do the same thing and came with a sharper edge and warranty. No matter their statement I just don't believe them anymore. Would I buy one if I saw it in a store "maybe" but this waiting 3 years or more is total garbage and they had fanbags defend the 3 year wait and I told them it would get longer not shorter and I was right. 6 years for the GSO 6 , 8, 10, 12, and 5.1 is too long.
BTW I waited 8 months in 2014-15 to get my GSO 5 and 3.5 and after that it went to vaporware.

I know it’s been said over and over but What gets me is on their IG they show tables full of knives at various stages of production, lots of machining etc… yet so many people are still waiting for knives they paid for years ago.

I’m it seems like it would be best to complete the oldest orders to help stop the cancer plaguing his business name.

I guess “eventually” he will catch up because of the new machines he bought… I guess he is betting it all on people just forgetting about all the years of bad business dealings. Risky

I know it’s been said over and over but What gets me is on their IG they show tables full of knives at various stages of production, lots of machining etc… yet so many people are still waiting for knives they paid for years ago.

I’m it seems like it would be best to complete the oldest orders to help stop the cancer plaguing his business name.

I guess “eventually” he will catch up because of the new machines he bought… I guess he is betting it all on people just forgetting about all the years of bad business dealings. Risky
I suspect what he's learned is that he can still bilk suckers out of their cash while actually producing a minimal number of products so that one or two customers will come along to threads like this and say, "See, I got MY knife, no problems!" to try to help diffuse the criticism.

I suspect what he's learned is that he can still bilk suckers out of their cash while actually producing a minimal number of products so that one or two customers will come along to threads like this and say, "See, I got MY knife, no problems!" to try to help diffuse the criticism.
theres one on the previous page
🙄🙄🙄

...........this

August 2021
Production Update

With Delivery Estimates!​

The last projects started by our old manufacturing partners are almost in our rearview and the new SURVIVE! Manufacturing is running like a swiss watch! We are FINALLY in a place to begin providing delivery estimates and it feels GREAT! With your help and support, we're reaching our goal of achieving uncompromising quality, with minimal lead times.

We want to extend a huge THANK YOU to everyone for sharing your photos and reviews as you have been receiving your long-awaited orders. Your support and positivity is greatly appreciated!

Shop Update:​

The GSO-3.5s are now all complete! The very last orders are either heading out the door this week, or the moment our last small batch of sheaths arrive from the talented folks at Armory Plastics. We will have a small handful of GSO-3.5 extras available as soon as those blades return from heat treat.

With the GSO-3.5 now functionally wrapped up, we are turning our focus to the remaining GSO-6 orders. Those have been going together well, so we expect to have all of these built by the end of next week and shipped by the week after. There will be some extras if you're quick.

With everything falling into a nice groove now, we're also working on completing the current GSO-12 orders as quickly as possible. We'll be having large batches shipping out throughout the month and we're projecting to have all current orders fulfilled within the next 30-45 days.

The GSO-4.5 production is wrapping up very nicely. Many orders are already built, so those will begin shipping out as soon as the first approved production batches of sheaths land. Similar to the GSO-12, we expect to have all of these orders wrapped up in about 30-45 days.

The Tac-4 and Tac-5 are about to hit the bevel grinder and then begin working their way through finishing. This is a very limited run, so we expect these to be wrapped up within the next 45-60 days.

The GSO-10 and GSO-8 are both working through surface grinding and bevel grinding right now, with blades getting finished in batches as time allows. We expect these to be wrapping up within the next 45-60 days.

Bevel grinding fixtures are being buttoned up for the TSK, so expect to start seeing these in the wild within the next 45-60 days!

The GSO-5.1 blades are currently at heat treat BUT all machining and grinding fixtures are already made and ready to go when they return. Additionally, we're wrapping up preproduction samples to get sheath templating all set up to avoid any delays in getting these in your hands ASAP. We expect to have the GSO-5.1 production batch wrapping up within 60-90 days.

The GSO-4.7, EDC-2, and a follow-up batch of TSK blades are headed off to heat treat! Preordering was very limited on these later models, so we expect to have these shipped out very soon after returning from heat treat, with an expected delivery timeframe of 60-90 days.

The GSO-3, GSO-4, GSO-5.5, Necker II, and Vendetta Series materials are being prepped and will begin perimeter machining shortly. We expect to have these last runs wrapping up within the next 90-120 days.

Absolutely all current production models will be wrapped up in time for Christmas!

August 2021
Production Update

With Delivery Estimates!​

The last projects started by our old manufacturing partners are almost in our rearview and the new SURVIVE! Manufacturing is running like a swiss watch! We are FINALLY in a place to begin providing delivery estimates and it feels GREAT! With your help and support, we're reaching our goal of achieving uncompromising quality, with minimal lead times.

We want to extend a huge THANK YOU to everyone for sharing your photos and reviews as you have been receiving your long-awaited orders. Your support and positivity is greatly appreciated!

Shop Update:​

The GSO-3.5s are now all complete! The very last orders are either heading out the door this week, or the moment our last small batch of sheaths arrive from the talented folks at Armory Plastics. We will have a small handful of GSO-3.5 extras available as soon as those blades return from heat treat.

With the GSO-3.5 now functionally wrapped up, we are turning our focus to the remaining GSO-6 orders. Those have been going together well, so we expect to have all of these built by the end of next week and shipped by the week after. There will be some extras if you're quick.

With everything falling into a nice groove now, we're also working on completing the current GSO-12 orders as quickly as possible. We'll be having large batches shipping out throughout the month and we're projecting to have all current orders fulfilled within the next 30-45 days.

The GSO-4.5 production is wrapping up very nicely. Many orders are already built, so those will begin shipping out as soon as the first approved production batches of sheaths land. Similar to the GSO-12, we expect to have all of these orders wrapped up in about 30-45 days.

The Tac-4 and Tac-5 are about to hit the bevel grinder and then begin working their way through finishing. This is a very limited run, so we expect these to be wrapped up within the next 45-60 days.

The GSO-10 and GSO-8 are both working through surface grinding and bevel grinding right now, with blades getting finished in batches as time allows. We expect these to be wrapping up within the next 45-60 days.

Bevel grinding fixtures are being buttoned up for the TSK, so expect to start seeing these in the wild within the next 45-60 days!

The GSO-5.1 blades are currently at heat treat BUT all machining and grinding fixtures are already made and ready to go when they return. Additionally, we're wrapping up preproduction samples to get sheath templating all set up to avoid any delays in getting these in your hands ASAP. We expect to have the GSO-5.1 production batch wrapping up within 60-90 days.

The GSO-4.7, EDC-2, and a follow-up batch of TSK blades are headed off to heat treat! Preordering was very limited on these later models, so we expect to have these shipped out very soon after returning from heat treat, with an expected delivery timeframe of 60-90 days.

The GSO-3, GSO-4, GSO-5.5, Necker II, and Vendetta Series materials are being prepped and will begin perimeter machining shortly. We expect to have these last runs wrapping up within the next 90-120 days.

Absolutely all current production models will be wrapped up in time for Christmas!
A tale of two timelines: All the blades expect to be finished by few months then at the bottom it states they will be wrapped up for Christmas "Production Model". Wait for it.... They will mince words somehow to get a few more orders in. In fact they are open for most models right now and they say it will be a few months. Let me think real hard about it hmmmmm "NOT". The only way they could do it if 99% of the people have already asked for a refund. Please Superfans order one and show the receipt and then prove they are not full of it. Order the GSO 5.1 and then show me it made it to your door by Nov 5, 2021.

Last edited:
Yes there is only one person to say hey I got my knife when the others who waited 5 years for that same model are still waiting. When I asked for a different model nothing was being sent out. In fact they sold my 7/7 after they said 3 weeks and it should be completed. They sold batches for the next 10 months and wham 3 years pass until they started shipping the pre-orders. Millet was going to solve their backlog, then I recall the SK line would lower the demand and allow Guy to focus on GSO and get them out faster but I got beat down when I said they would be the GSO models since they sold for the same price. Two years into it wham no SK knives are to be made and they had the essential line that was going to speed things up too and they were never made. Guy's standards are so high they can only send out 2nds year after year while selling your preorders and starters as 2nds. While I am happy somebody got a knife from them it proves that there are people waiting 5 years for a GSO 3.5 that still have not gotten theirs but he did. I warned them that if they didn't get my 7/7 to me by the Christmas line they are using now I would tell the truth over and over. They didn't care about my 7/7 and refunded my 5.1 without my permission and yes that is in their contract clause too. They act as their FB page is a right to cherish and that any questions other then Wow and I love the wait will get you removed. Heck they troll this thread to see who they can kick off even if they don't trash them on the FB page or entrap them somehow. I suspect Guy having fake FB page and account visiting BF just to get even with people as I got the boot this way years ago by E. He states I don't go to Blade Forum and they are conspiracy nuts yet he seems to react to things we say and even quotes them. They will either shut their shop down and move again and not answer calls and emails in response to getting their knives out by Christmas. Remember they say expect to complete in 60-90 days but they don't give a start date and if you infer the date you read the update then they say that is your problem. I know they did this before. People why would you want to send your money in for a knife that wont meet the deadline? They don't even have the GSO 5.1 in-house and it has been over 5 years since they took orders think how will they send thousands of orders out and new orders out in 90 days or less? 100 knives a day would not be fast enough to fulfill the orders in the 60-90 days time and they use to have 3 days of ordering and that took 8 months to get to you. So Fanboys prove me wrong and order a knife today and show they get fulfilled and I know if you do then you are getting hooked up for trashing the true fact-checkers. I can ask some with a lower order # and if your # is later than theirs and they still have not gotten their then we know the truth.

A lot of the images are misleading. They will show a batch and yes yours might be in there but it gets sold as a 2nd. Haven't you noticed they don't have as many 2nds anymore? People became wise to their BS. Proof is all of social media as nobody in numbers is posting their knives. They cling to they can't make people show their knives. There was a time when there were daily updates from people but that was long ago. All they do is Lie and they do not care about the people or their products. 3 years for a replacement is just wrong on a knife. I know others saying they never got their blade back or heard from them after they sent it in. Many had bad heat treats and were flat out breaking when they shouldn't have.

Yes there is only one person to say hey I got my knife when the others who waited 5 years for that same model are still waiting. When I asked for a different model nothing was being sent out. In fact they sold my 7/7 after they said 3 weeks and it should be completed. They sold batches for the next 10 months and wham 3 years pass until they started shipping the pre-orders. Millet was going to solve their backlog, then I recall the SK line would lower the demand and allow Guy to focus on GSO and get them out faster but I got beat down when I said they would be the GSO models since they sold for the same price. Two years into it wham no SK knives are to be made and they had the essential line that was going to speed things up too and they were never made. Guy's standards are so high they can only send out 2nds year after year while selling your preorders and starters as 2nds. While I am happy somebody got a knife from them it proves that there are people waiting 5 years for a GSO 3.5 that still have not gotten theirs but he did. I warned them that if they didn't get my 7/7 to me by the Christmas line they are using now I would tell the truth over and over. They didn't care about my 7/7 and refunded my 5.1 without my permission and yes that is in their contract clause too. They act as their FB page is a right to cherish and that any questions other then Wow and I love the wait will get you removed. Heck they troll this thread to see who they can kick off even if they don't trash them on the FB page or entrap them somehow. I suspect Guy having fake FB page and account visiting BF just to get even with people as I got the boot this way years ago by E. He states I don't go to Blade Forum and they are conspiracy nuts yet he seems to react to things we say and even quotes them. They will either shut their shop down and move again and not answer calls and emails in response to getting their knives out by Christmas. Remember they say expect to complete in 60-90 days but they don't give a start date and if you infer the date you read the update then they say that is your problem. I know they did this before. People why would you want to send your money in for a knife that wont meet the deadline? They don't even have the GSO 5.1 in-house and it has been over 5 years since they took orders think how will they send thousands of orders out and new orders out in 90 days or less? 100 knives a day would not be fast enough to fulfill the orders in the 60-90 days time and they use to have 3 days of ordering and that took 8 months to get to you. So Fanboys prove me wrong and order a knife today and show they get fulfilled and I know if you do then you are getting hooked up for trashing the true fact-checkers. I can ask some with a lower order # and if your # is later than theirs and they still have not gotten their then we know the truth.

I wish S?K sold paragraph breaks.

A lot of the images are misleading. They will show a batch and yes yours might be in there but it gets sold as a 2nd. Haven't you noticed they don't have as many 2nds anymore? People became wise to their BS. Proof is all of social media as nobody in numbers is posting their knives. They cling to they can't make people show their knives. There was a time when there were daily updates from people but that was long ago. All they do is Lie and they do not care about the people or their products. 3 years for a replacement is just wrong on a knife. I know others saying they never got their blade back or heard from them after they sent it in. Many had bad heat treats and were flat out breaking when they shouldn't have.
Sad. I saw the other day they apparently made a 500 count run for the YouTube grifter Black Scout Survival while I waited 10 months for my 3.5…

I`m certainly not going to read through this whole thread, I guess SURVIVE knives are not for people who desperately need a knife quick. ;) Seems to be a well known fact, I can`t understand why someone would order a knife from them if they want it fast. I got my first one in 2013 and was hooked on them instantly. Yes, I too have waited years for some of my knives, to be honest. I really don`t care, each one was well worth the wait. I received three old orders in the last two months, so I guess production must be getting in order. Best Survive knives ever, I love them and their level of detail. Extremely fine edges, great cutters, considering the blade widths. Love the styling, yes that’s a matter of taste, but they definitely hit it home with me. Sheaths, which I always have considered to be great from them, have also improved on the new ones, I`m impressed... 👍

I waited almost 5.5 years for my 3.5.
Send in the shills and RAZZORBACK's at the head of the line. There's a guy who last November time frame paid for one In Stock with a 90 day delivery which was pushed out 6 months and still hasn't shipped. There's a guy who last November time frame paid for one In Stock with a 90 day delivery which was pushed out 6 months and still hasn't shipped.

Please order another one from them- A fool and his money are soon parted.

Last edited:
I`m certainly not going to read through this whole thread, I guess SURVIVE knives are not for people who desperately need a knife quick. ;) Seems to be a well known fact, I can`t understand why someone would order a knife from them if they want it fast. I got my first one in 2013 and was hooked on them instantly. Yes, I too have waited years for some of my knives, to be honest. I really don`t care, each one was well worth the wait. I received three old orders in the last two months, so I guess production must be getting in order. Best Survive knives ever, I love them and their level of detail. Extremely fine edges, great cutters, considering the blade widths. Love the styling, yes that’s a matter of taste, but they definitely hit it home with me. Sheaths, which I always have considered to be great from them, have also improved on the new ones, I`m impressed... 👍
I never needed to read through the tons of fan comments to realize SK was a fanboy enabled Ponzi. Once I saw shills piling on classifying disgruntled customers waiting 5 years+payment upfront as "impatient" while THEY would proclaim the thousands they were all too happy to pay out with no expectations.... I quickly realized these were either extreme fanboy shills, or such irrational people with money to burn I could not trust their opinion.

I guess SURVIVE knives are not for people who desperately need a knife quick. ;) Seems to be a well known fact, I can`t understand why someone would order a knife from them if they want it fast.

As always, no one is complaining that Survive's wait times are long. They are complaining that Survive has and continues to lie about them, lie about "turning things around", and clearly does those things to keep orders (and payments) flowing. If they were just honest about their actual capabilities and published leads times that were 5x what they now claim I think you'd see fewer complaints.

..............I believe the issue is the lies and BS they have spewed forth over the years to justify the waits, even above you can see they took a good two years to supply a replacement for a warranty issue.

Back