• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

Yeah honestly I just don’t understand how they managed to get “hundreds of pounds” of obscenely defective CruForge V. I saw someone on YouTube say that it was the fault of the heat treat, but I’ve never once heard of Peters destroying a massive load of knives. I seriously doubt it’s Peters fault. According to S!K’s own statements, in a YouTube comment section, they’ve sent a sample of the steel to Niagara Specialty Metals for some forensic analysis. It’ll be interesting to see what comes of that, if anything.

ca4.png

In all seriousness, who is responsible for warped blades? The HT company? Is it just written off as a loss?
Again, “If you run into an assh*le in the morning, you ran into an assh*le. If you run into assholes all day, you're the assh*le.”

Why does S!K have all these issues with suppliers while so many other makers are successfully able to product mid-tech knives? S!K is the common denominator. I would bet that this is yet another example of S!Ks incompetence.

Again, “If you run into an assh*le in the morning, you ran into an assh*le. If you run into assholes all day, you're the assh*le.”

Why does S!K have all these issues with suppliers while so many other makers are successfully able to product mid-tech knives? S!K is the common denominator. I would bet that this is yet another example of S!Ks incompetence.
This. No one consistently has this many problems at least not anyone who stays in any legitimate business. If they were really their bad at knife making they would have gone into plumbing or go kart rental long ago. However for scammers business is good!

I'm not a defender but it appears they really deliver knives.
I restrained from commenting before because I waited for my order and I was curious to see if I'll receive something.
I ordered a GSO-4.5 in September 2018 and I just received it this week.
So what was in the package after this long wait of more than 3.5 years?

A surprising good knife actually. It's well finished with an excellent sheath.
Here it is between a Carothers FK2 and a DEK1 :
My GSO 4.5 BC came in and I'm really impressed with it. It's a really nice knife. Their 4.7 is my favorite (Survive and others) but the 4.5 is giving it competition. I don't know enough about knives to judge whether it's worth the price tag or not, however.

Speaking of 4.7s I have one of their new Magnacut ones on pre-order. Reading about the latest issues maybe my luck will finally run out and I'll join the waited 5 years for a Survive knife club.

My GSO 4.5 BC came in and I'm really impressed with it. It's a really nice knife. Their 4.7 is my favorite (Survive and others) but the 4.5 is giving it competition. I don't know enough about knives to judge whether it's worth the price tag or not, however.

Speaking of 4.7s I have one of their new Magnacut ones on pre-order. Reading about the latest issues maybe my luck will finally run out and I'll join the waited 5 years for a Survive knife club.
Shill. 100% disingenuous shill.

Shill. 100% disingenuous shill.
I wouldn't say I'm disingenuous. I've criticized Survive's business practices quite heavily. I have no idea how they haven't been sued yet for blatantly misleading shipping times and literally sending people different products than they paid for. I was shocked when I called Visa and told Survive! wasn't on their radar for being a bad business.

I wouldn't say I'm disingenuous. I've criticized Survive's business practices quite heavily. I have no idea how they haven't been sued yet for blatantly misleading shipping times and literally sending people different products than they paid for. I was shocked when I called Visa and told Survive! wasn't on their radar for being a bad business.
Please, just stop.

Please, just stop.
Guess you shouldn't respond to my posts then.

I'm also glad you keep playing this game. Fun to watch a shill make a fool of themselves. :thumbsup:
I'm glad you're glad I'm keeping you entertained.

Why anyone would attempt to purchase anything from this "company" is beyond me.

Glutton for punishment perhaps.
At this point, anyone who does put in a pre-order really forgoes any leg to stand on when it comes to complaining about slow or bad service.

At this point, anyone who does put in a pre-order really forgoes any leg to stand on when it comes to complaining about slow or bad service.
And yet here you are again extolling the virtues of the knives this scam artist ponzi scheme company assembles on a thread specifically detailing their scumbaggery.

Shill, Fanboy & Troll describe you to a T

You can't actually think that this an appreciation thread?
No of course not.
Why not start a thread of your own, extolling that Guy, eventually, builds a sell-able product?
For starters, it would probably give a few people a stroke and I would feel horrible.

Secondly, people would just turn the thread into a copy of this thread in all its glory.

Third, Guy and his knives have a big enough fan base. Some of them (some of us I should say) are willing to wait 6 years for a knife or willing to have the product they bought changed without their approval. His knives sell out quickly on their website, quickly on eBay and even here with their terrible history, people buy them fast. No need for me to post about it.

Back