The "Official" Fiddleback OFF-TOPIC thread!!!!!!!!

I've been using Federal Vital-Shok ammo with a 210 grain Swift A-frame bullet for deer hunting. For "plinking" I've loaded up rounds with either Nosler 210 grainers or Sierra. I just recent picked up a bunch of Hornaday XTP's and worked up a few loads to try the next time I'm at the range. Absolutely love that gun.

My other favorite revolver is a S&W 686+ (Lew Horton addition). Trigger has been worked over - SA breaks at a crisp 2 lbs. Here is a couple before and after custom Ahrend Retro Combat grip pictures...

Close up of the flames on the cylinder...

And this picture doesn't really do the grips justice - I need to remedy that one of these days and break out the camera again...

I'm also currently addicted to CZ 75's but I'll save that for another night...

I don't usually chime in on firearm topics, but the SP01 Shadow Target makes me look like Doc Holiday at the range. One of my favorite pistols.

I've got a Cajunized SP-01 and a Compact that I recently picked up for CCW. Both are fantastic to shoot but as Kal-El mentioned - those SP-01's have a way of making you look really, really good at the range.

S&W Performance Center 629 V-Comp 44 Mag. A little odd and ugly lookin but I like it.

Some of my favorite handle materials are sambar stag, sambar/leather combo, stag pommels and bone. I really like these materials on historical patterned blades.

20160306_173500_zpshnyam3p1.jpg

20160512_180237_zpsom9iq69e.jpg

20160507_141803_zpsjesgao2e.jpg

cool S&W 629 PC

i keep all my knives that i carry on a table in a little box that resembles an old timey travel trunk. Im sitting here waiting on my wife to get home and decided to see what exactly was in there. I came across 2 knives from Carl Rechsteiner aka crex here on the forum. For reasons unbeknownst to me or that i can recall i have never photographed them before.

These are what I would call my "starter" knives. A relatively inexpensive way to get my hands on some of his work
Im not knocking Carl's work one bit. they just don't have the fancy embellishments and added touches that many of his knives include.These little touches set his work apart from many other makers. i just haven't stepped up to the plate and played with the "big boys" for some of his more ornate offerings. Theres that and there is also a couple dudes named Andy and Allen that see the majority of my money.

20160512_181949_zpskvyclzla.jpg

20160512_182030_zps8xtusurq.jpg

Those of you that are making the trek to BLADE put it on your itinerary to visit his table........early

you can stand there and admire a single knife for 10 mins and still overlook some of the details

Awesome work Carl!

nice collection Dave

Im especially fond of the knife above the Scagel? slipjoint

nice collection Dave

Im especially fond of the knife above the Scagel? slipjoint

Marbles Woodcraft. There is a second one in the pic just above the one you asked about. Both these Marbles are from the Mike Stewart era of Marbles.

Marbles Woodcraft. There is a second one in the pic just above the one you asked about. Both these Marbles are from the Mike Stewart era of Marbles.

i think its the handle that makes that one stand out to me though

You have good taste. That is the exact reason I snagged that particular one.

20160512_191323_zpsddkrdjof.jpg

looks even better close up.

I also came across the First knife I bought from Andy and the first knife I bought Kylie. Its a first production run PSK from Bark River
20160512_180936_zpsbmwq5zmy.jpg

Back