The "Official" Fiddleback OFF-TOPIC thread!!!!!!!!

Great job man and great video! I'm ready to come on a hunt with you

Thanks! Come on over. Haha.

I'm excited for this season, just found out that I drew my buck tag again. Should be another year with potential for a nice buck.

My pride and joy, a perfect packing pistol.

DSCN0216_zpsayvuwvsb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks! Come on over. Haha.

I'm excited for this season, just found out that I drew my buck tag again. Should be another year with potential for a nice buck.

Take me on a Colorado hunt, I'll take you on a Texas hunt

That one caught my eye too. It reminds me of some of Andy's earlier Nessmuk models, traces of which echo in the current Minimuk.

My wife and I are drag racing fans. We also have friends that race in the Top Dragster and Top Alcohol classes. We attend a few races each year. This is one of our favorite events. We are at Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk, Ohio at a divisional race. Our site is located directly next to the track inside the pits. It's cool to be set up in the heart of the event. There is always something happening whether it's cars on the track behind us or just activity in the pits.

The weather looks amazing this weekend. It should be a great weekend of racing. I'll get some action pics posted as well.

The track is located behind us. (left side of pic) We are just past the finish line. You can see one of the Budweiser timing boards. One section of grandstands are in the background to the right. There is another pit area located on the other side of the track. We always arrive early to avoid the rush of incoming race cars and campers. This place will be full later today.
20160519_175903_zpswr5wg8kl.jpg

A closer look at our set up. This is a great facility. We even have 50 amp electric service so we have all the comforts of home.
20160519_204135_zpsihdtbaqa.jpg

MajorD
I had my first real race experience 2years ago. it was awesome. although these guys drove in circles and not a straight line
054_zpsc45da04e.jpg

067_zps2a2bb671.jpg

044_zps6103c0ee.jpg

062_zpsc168a872.jpg

Yesterday turned out to be "one of those days" at the track. The day did not go as planned. My friend never even saw the track due to on track break downs, oil down clean ups and finally rain that ended everyone's day. Hopefully today is better, even though its currently raining.

As a result of the day's events (or lack of) I really didn't get many pics. Hopefully today clears up and they will get in a couple qualifying runs. Race day tomorrow.

The class he runs is Top Dragster. It's a 6.0 second "dial-in" format class. On a good pass this is a 6.0s car and will run 240 mph. It was disappointing yesterday because they had a lot of hope for their performance. These cars are finicky and take a lot of testing and fine tuning. It is a science of adding horsepower, taking horsepower away, where during the run to add or take away power, humidity levels, fuel flow amounts, shift points and on and on. They believe they finally had a very workable set up but never saw the track.
20160520_110915-1_zpsekii4st6.jpg

A couple thousand horsepower waiting to flex it's muscle. :)
20160520_110838_zpshn7sqld9.jpg

[video]http://vid747.photobucket.com/albums/xx113/majordhm/20160520_205117_zpsgzkaglwb.mp4[/video]

Our seats are the orange bleachers in this video. We can also move around because it is a general admission event except for our reserved seat area.
[video]http://vid747.photobucket.com/albums/xx113/majordhm/20160520_113714_zpsyabf58vi.mp4[/video]

Yesterday turned out to be "one of those days" at the track. The day did not go as planned. My friend never even saw the track due to on track break downs, oil down clean ups and finally rain that ended everyone's day. Hopefully today is better, even though its currently raining.

As a result of the day's events (or lack of) I really didn't get many pics. Hopefully today clears up and they will get in a couple qualifying runs. Race day tomorrow.

The class he runs is Top Dragster. It's a 6.0 second "dial-in" format class. On a good pass this is a 6.0s car and will run 240 mph. It was disappointing yesterday because they had a lot of hope for their performance. These cars are finicky and take a lot of testing and fine tuning. It is a science of adding horsepower, taking horsepower away, where during the run to add or take away power, humidity levels, fuel flow amounts, shift points and on and on. They believe they finally had a very workable set up but never saw the track.
20160520_110915-1_zpsekii4st6.jpg

A couple thousand horsepower waiting to flex it's muscle. :)
20160520_110838_zpshn7sqld9.jpg

[video]http://vid747.photobucket.com/albums/xx113/majordhm/20160520_205117_zpsgzkaglwb.mp4[/video]

Our seats are the orange bleachers in this video. We can also move around because it is a general admission event except for our reserved seat area.
[video]http://vid747.photobucket.com/albums/xx113/majordhm/20160520_113714_zpsyabf58vi.mp4[/video]

Brings me back to race days. My wife worked for John Force for several years and traveled to every race during the year. We grew up with Brittany and Courtney and see them from time to time. They're quite busy nowadays, but they come home for the holidays to see family and friends.

It's currently 33° outside. Last week it was 80°. Crazy weather around here!

Back