• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

tundratrader-where are my knives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm afraid this has gone on too long, if TT wanted to do right thing....he'd of already done it. He has no proof of shipment, and has allowed this to get long in the tooth.

A full refund is due, in my opinion..... I don't care if you're a fireman or not.

Well, seems TT has been on the forum as late as today. But, no response, no proof of shipment and no resolution. Not surprising at this stage.

Well, seems TT has been on the forum as late as today. But, no response, no proof of shipment and no resolution. Not surprising at this stage.

As the old saying goes, "the lesser of 2 evils, is still evil". He should have fixed this by now, instead of hoping it will just go away. His reputation has been seriously tarnished, IMHO

Having read this whole damn thread, all I can say is that some of you are out for blood and way too involved in something which has nothing to do with you. It seems like this is more of an instance of mistakes being made all around than outright theft, and it's sad to see how many people have formed a lynchmob on a fellow forumite who was previously in good standing for something which is pretty far out of his control at this point. The only lesson I can take from this is that it pays to be honest, regardless of what the buyer wants, and that you should always keep any evidence of your transactions to cover your own ass.

As for the Customs number, it should have been communicated by Kroman that the number wasn't showing up right away, that way TT could have rechecked the receipt and given the right number. This is seriously a comedy of errors, and if I were TT, knowing that I had shipped the knife, I wouldn't be in any hurry to send money out either, especially with no proof that Kroman hadn't received it other than his word here (which seems kind of dubious considering the number of times the story has changed and supposed facts have been restructured). However, I would also be posting full emails of the transactions between Kroman and myself (especially the ones in which shipping and paypal fees were discussed) in order to prove my own innocence. As a fellow forumite though, I'm correct in not slinging blame all over the place without all of the information, as some of you have been doing. We don't know all of the info. We have some of it (mostly from Kroman) but we certainly don't have the whole story, so those of you who are out for blood ought to be ashamed of yourselves for inflaming a situation without full context. That's my 2 cents.

You are doing the same thing MJF. Rehashing what's already been posted 10 times. Throwing fuel on the fire and bumped the thread up too. :cool:

I do not see anyone being out for blood. Here is the long and short of it - Seller can not provide any proof of shipment. If he could then it is all on the buyers shoulders. I think that is the consenscous. Did he ship - I'd say probably - but if they went to court > TT would have to pay.

I do not see anyone being out for blood. Here is the long and short of it - Seller can not provide any proof of shipment. If he could then it is all on the buyers shoulders. I think that is the consenscous. Did he ship - I'd say probably - but if they went to court > TT would have to pay.

I agree 100%, this is a matter of providing proof...that hasn't been done. We as a group, have to be of moral integrity, a self governing community.

Whether he shipped or not, isn't the issue...more so, that the OP states it never showed up. Without documentation from TT, he owes the full refund...the cost of the refund, is a valuable lesson in forum sales procedures.

I'm not after blood, but if it was my money I would be :)

It seems to me that TT has done every thing in his power to avoid this matter by not showing solid proof that the knife was ever shipped it has been excuse after excuse so for with nothing concrete to show.

I think it is high time he gives a full refund and if he is not going to do so then perhapes it is time the mods started to think about banning him for playing games with the buyer

It is time for TT to at least give the forum his final answer on this. The members of the forum are then free to make their own decision and whether or not they want to do business with him in the future. Gone on long enough. Avoiding the issue further is not proper. TT what are you going to do? Time for closure.

These are INDISPUTABLE FACTS:

Thread started on 3-10-12
331 posts
TT's last response on 3-29-12
TT's last time on BF..4-11-12
TT never responded to any of the OP's private messages posted on his wall.
TT received negative feedback on 3-23-12 from another buyer.

Opinion:
The circumstances & events of this deal, and the lack of attention from TT.....lead me to believe he's a DEADBEAT who took advantage of a buyer from a foreign country. I think he knew full well, the inappropriate method of shipping, would cause a dust storm of untraceable product. Thus knowingly stealing the OP's money :( I think the Mods should demand a final summation/solution from TT, or ban him from the site.

Bwana1 is right, this has gone on too long, TT should resolve the issue NOW or face the consequences (other then his plummeting reputation).

These are INDISPUTABLE FACTS:

Thread started on 3-10-12
331 posts
TT's last response on 3-29-12
TT's last time on BF..4-11-12
TT never responded to any of the OP's private messages posted on his wall.
TT received negative feedback on 3-23-12 from another buyer.

Opinion:
The circumstances & events of this deal, and the lack of attention from TT.....lead me to believe he's a DEADBEAT who took advantage of a buyer from a foreign country. I think he knew full well, the inappropriate method of shipping, would cause a dust storm of untraceable product. Thus knowingly stealing the OP's money :( I think the Mods should demand a final summation/solution from TT, or ban him from the site.

That's all we can do, but that doesn't do much for the OP. So a guy gets banned. Big deal. That doesn't give the OP much of anything, definitely not his money. It's sad, really. Plus if TT is like a lot of other scammers, he'll be back with a different user name. In the grand scheme of things, getting banned from a forum is like getting a slap on the wrist. Will TT get banned? If the blue mods deem it necessary, most likely yea. But like I said, that doesn't do much.

If it were me that got scammed, I'd be looking at far more serious consequences. I'd consider getting the local authorities involved as a start, and by local, I mean TTs.

I hope it all gets resolved in one way or another, but in good health.

That's all we can do, but that doesn't do much for the OP. So a guy gets banned. Big deal. That doesn't give the OP much of anything, definitely not his money. It's sad, really. Plus if TT is like a lot of other scammers, he'll be back with a different user name. In the grand scheme of things, getting banned from a forum is like getting a slap on the wrist. Will TT get banned? If the blue mods deem it necessary, most likely yea. But like I said, that doesn't do much.

If it were me that got scammed, I'd be looking at far more serious consequences. I'd consider getting the local authorities involved as a start, and by local, I mean TTs.

I hope it all gets resolved in one way or another, but in good health.
You Sir, are 100% correct....so what do we, as a community do now ?

How many people named Zachary Brown, in Homer Alaska, that are fireman, with a population of 5,998 are there ?

I would be contacting the local authorities...Sherrif, Constable, District Attorney, etc..Then I'd be buying my plane ticket to Homer, to see him in court. Then I'd take him to a bar, for a cold one :)

Edit:There is only 1 firehall in Homer Alaska:
Homer Volunteer Fire Department
604 East Pioneer Ave.
Homer, Alaska
(907)235-3155

Last edited:
As a community here, we can only keep other people informed, but that gets difficult if TT ever decides to register another user name. I didn't read 17 pages worth of replies, but if that is his name and home town (Zachary Brown of Homer, Alaska), then it's a start for the local police to use in order to knock on some doors with questions to be asked.

harkamus, that is his name & home town. But, does the OP have legal recourse as a foreigner ? Or does he have to go to the consulate for action ?...I don't know the answer :( A foreigner would certainly, have a more difficult time prosecuting....maybe TT knew that too.

I had hoped early on, that this would be resolved...but TT running away(and bad feedback from a 3rd party)tells me he's a scammer/deadbeat/thief.

I have not run away from this thread I just have a life and have offered solutions and answers several times. I used to enjoy spending time on this forum but this has really changed my attitude.

Many posts back I offered to split the cost of a new XM18 and have it delivered full value with tracking and insurance when they have a run direct from shop since he is a firefighter. That was my solution.

Without reading through all of this again my offer was not accepted by Kronman. I do not have the time to constantly post and reply to every comment in this thread. All of my personal information that has been posted in the last few threads is all 100% accurate.

I have had several knives and flashlights not scanned and delivered in the last 4 months. I have filed claims for all of them. I will not click and ship again and drop off again. Walking things through the line is the only way to go. That was not the issue with Kronman's knife but just clearing that up. The buyer that posted negative feedback has gotten a full refund through PayPal. I would have thought he would have confirmed that.

The attitude of people in this thread calling me a crook, criminal and thief is ridiculous. Many seasoned dealers here have the same international shippings policies that I am being called a criminal for. I have years worth of conversation and community involvement here. Thousands and thousands of dollars worth of sales, trades and buying.

That is my final comment for this thread. If Roman wants to take me up on my offer he can. He had plenty of time to use Paypal as a means for getting his money back if he wanted. He knew exactly how the knife was being shipped when I shipped it.

Thanks,
Zach Brown

Last edited:
By the absence of it being mentioned I would suppose you weren't able to get anywhere trying to follow up on the customs number that you talked about last time you posted. Is this the case? If so, that would mean you still have no verifiable proof for the buyer that you sent the knife. You're still unable to satisfy what was, at least at one point, his primary request in this matter. I don't think you intended to rip anyone off when the deal was originally done but your leaving this as a take it or leave it offer to Roman when you still can't give him that proof is baffling to me. I mentioned before in this thread that you both made mistakes in terms of the shipping and valuation but what you're doing here is not making any headway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back