20200414-094111.jpg

IMG-20200414-192937-521.jpg

20200414-094103.jpg

IMG-20200414-192937-569.jpg

IMG-20200414-192937-516.jpg

Damn i love this axe!
:cool:
Thanks!
My mystery Connie has been solved.. my head had remnants of red paint, a 3 1/2 weight stamp exactly like the one on your axe, same shape, but no name stamp.

Nice work, Miller!

Thanks!
My mystery Connie has been solved.. my head had remnants of red paint, a 3 1/2 weight stamp exactly like the one on your axe, same shape, but no name stamp.

Nice work, Miller!

Thank you Quinton and i am glad it helped you ID yours. Beautiful axes i feel. The steel is great, had to use my black jacks on it. Love it!

Thanks again, pet those doggies for me :):thumbsup::cool: they are beautiful the last pics i remember

Thanks!

Nice work, Miller!

I'm not aware of Rixford axes not ever having the name stamp. They always have an RXX date stamp and then the Rixford stamp

Here is my rixford connecticut. Interesting that my R41 connecticut has the 3 1/2 weight stamp, but my R51 DB has a 3^2 stamp.

I think that like Rixford (VT) the other new england/maine axe manufacturers also used the fractional weight stamps instead of the superscript system.

She is magnificent! Now I know Connie is not your favorite. But give her time. Stunning axe man! Great job!

Thank you for the kind words. I dont know...i hope the Connecticut pattern grows on me ;):D

I'm not aware of Rixford axes not ever having the name stamp. They always have an RXX date stamp and then the Rixford stamp

Here is my rixford connecticut. Interesting that my R41 connecticut has the 3 1/2 weight stamp, but my R51 DB has a 3^2 stamp.

I like the stamp still there hanging on strong! Great connie and I see so few Rixford...less than most others. Excellent axe you have there and would love to see the double :cool:

I'd say you're right. On closer inspection the weight stamp on my head is different.

Oh My those beautiful bevels...on fire! That pole still looks so crisp. I have my guesses but would love to see more;)

I like the stamp still there hanging on strong! Great connie and I see so few Rixford...less than most others. Excellent axe you have there and would love to see the double :cool:

certainly

also, it came with this really cool old axe cover. its really stiff and I'm afraid of trying to bend it too much. seems like it covered in some kind of fat or wax or something. I don't know how to recondition it. any ideas?

certainly

also, it came with this really cool old axe cover. its really stiff and I'm afraid of trying to bend it too much. seems like it covered in some kind of fat or wax or something. I don't know how to recondition it. any ideas?

I would recommend posting up here. There are many excellent leather workers here...@ithinkverydeeply here on the forum or possibly on IG, Q quinton does really excellent work and others. I personally have 2 leather, one is from @ithinkverydeeply...OMG awesome!

Love the dbl man! Thank you

Gave this FE rafter some love today. Not much abuse, but lots of weather, has given it some pretty good character.

Tennesee Hickory needed thinned some, as usual. Angle grinder with a 36 grit flap does it fast. Couple minutes of hand sanding with 100 grit after that and its good enough for me.

7s4M997.jpg

pFAUOAK.jpg

VmNXyJ3.jpg

wenpmiv.jpg

B3GJBxU.jpg

Back