Zero Tolerance 0550/0551 Goodness

Dave how did you get the standoffs in? You used to sets of screws rather then XM screws?

Factory screws with standoffs made by a guy here. They are for sale on the exchange.

No sharing permission. Ugh.

Picked up a gen 1 0550 yesterday and put it to work immediately. It'll be my day off carry, with the 0566 coming to work with me most days. May change once I get the 0550 to Kai to fix the thumb-crushing detent, but the size of the 0566 is what keeps it on duty at work.

If it's new, the detent on that 0550 will smooth up. I just got a new 0550 and until I really worked the blade, the detent was just stupid strong. But now, she's as sweet as can be. Must be calculated by zt to loosen up/smooth out.

Both the 0550BLK and 0550BW come very smooth from day one. Must be the DLC coating.

If it's new, the detent on that 0550 will smooth up. I just got a new 0550 and until I really worked the blade, the detent was just stupid strong. But now, she's as sweet as can be. Must be calculated by zt to loosen up/smooth out.

Thanks for that. I'll start toying with it during down time at home.

Mine was smooth, just had the strongest detent I've ever felt. I will admit some of it was technique. On the 550, you have to kind of push up and out to deploy.

Make sure your fingers aren't pressing down on that lockbar.

That is sound advice, so I sincerely thank you for offering it in case I had been unaware. I have been making sure to keep from putting pressure on it.

That is sound advice, so I sincerely thank you for offering it in case I had been unaware. I have been making sure to keep from putting pressure on it.

Guilty. Certainty was part of the problem on my end!

No worries, guys! I know that I had to adjust my technique when I first got my 0551. Took a little getting used to.

Yeah I had to mess around with how the knife sat in my hand. Most of my Ti frame locks are flippers which takes care of where my big clumsy index finger went! I love my 0550. Its a fantastic knife. Have you guys seen the 0550 you tube video of the Russian guy beating the snot out of a0550?! It's unreal what abuse that knife took

Yeah I had to mess around with how the knife sat in my hand. Most of my Ti frame locks are flippers which takes care of where my big clumsy index finger went! I love my 0550. Its a fantastic knife. Have you guys seen the 0550 you tube video of the Russian guy beating the snot out of a0550?! It's unreal what abuse that knife took

Tip of the thumb at the 6 o'clock of the thumb stud pushing straight up works best on the 0550.

That dude's torture test is something else and shows how tough the 0550 really is. I'm kind of glad someone did it but some of those things shouldn't be done. A folder may survive but it could also be permanently weakened.

[video=youtube_share;AW0TVkcBFkw]http://youtu.be/AW0TVkcBFkw[/video]

Agreed. Most of it was flat out abuse! Glad to have seen it, but not with my knife!

Leaving the blade partially open a few nights will also help. Just enough to remove the detent ball from its home on the tang. That and the up not out push of the thumb stud. This was advice given to me by some helpful members when I picked up my 0550 and thought it was defective. Made worlds of difference.

Man, the 550/551 is good looking knife. I have a 561 but now I really want a 551/550. Great.....

Back