Zero Tolerance 0550/0551 Goodness

Only knife I've ever wanted more than one of. I have a plain stonewashed but really eyeing that sexy blackwashed version.

Update:

I've been working the detent a LOT and avoiding lock pressure. It is still diamond strong blade retention. I may drive the 2 miles to KAI to see if they can loosen it. I'd like to be able to open it without having to go through a Tai Chi routine and 30 point checklist.

The more I handle it, even with that detent, the more I love it. It is an absolute brute.

Rbid-you just made me laugh with your Tai Chi comment!

Rayban-sweet looking rig! Who made it?

Tip of the thumb at the 6 o'clock of the thumb stud pushing straight up works best on the 0550.

That dude's torture test is something else and shows how tough the 0550 really is. I'm kind of glad someone did it but some of those things shouldn't be done. A folder may survive but it could also be permanently weakened.

I remember a few years ago when the TSA was worried about somebody dismantling an airplane with their pocket knife. Oky docky........... Bring it on! I'll need a few drinks first. Good thing I look good in hand cuffs. :eek:

I would love to see an all DLC-black version added to the lineup..

They do (well, did) make a DLC model, but the blade was the only thing that had the DLC

I think Schuey2002 meant DLC on the titanium as well because the 0550BLK is only DLC on the blade. It would be like they start the 0550BW as just not stonewashing it after applying DLC to both the blade and the titanium. I think it'd look great!

I think Schuey2002 meant DLC on the titanium as well because the 0550BLK is only DLC on the blade. It would be like they start the 0550BW as just not stonewashing it after applying DLC to both the blade and the titanium. I think it'd look great!
Yeah, I just figured I would point that out in case Schuey2002 didn't know of that model :) Yeah I think it would look good all DLC'd out. But I personally like the two tone of the TI and DLC. I was gonna buy one but I was afraid I wouldn't use it because it is a limited edition and I would be afraid of losing it or damaging it, so I just got the regular stonewash. I must say, it is tied with my 0566 for my favorite carry :D

Where are the pictures of the third gen with the steel insert?

IOfVlGv.jpg

8QvTINV.jpg

NyBgxj2.jpg

Yeah, that is what I would like to see them make.. :thumbup:

These have probably already been posted, but I thought I would show them together seeing as they're my first ZT 0550's. They are just gorgeous beyond words and I'm all ready looking for my third in another special configuration! I think the sickness has taken full effect, somebody help me. :D

Order of Receipt:

ZT 0550-------> First Gen with LSCF Scale and Bronze Standoffs

ZT 0550BLK-------> Second Gen with Purple Gator Textured Micarta Scale, Purple Pete Gray LBS, and Bronze Standoffs

IMG_20140706_050219_zps3263eb67.jpg

IMG_20140706_050954_zps740bede2.jpg

IMG_20140706_052256_zps343e0126.jpg

IMG_20140706_053052_zps4ab335db.jpg

somebody plz explain to me what is that when the box doesn't exist, what if i buy such knife. i mean, something wrong with it? i heard some word explaining it but don't know what does it mean. i can't find that topic now... sorry for poor english.
i mean some ones didn't never have a box. right from factory.

somebody plz explain to me what is that when the box doesn't exist, what if i buy such knife. i mean, something wrong with it? i heard some word explaining it but don't know what does it mean. i can't find that topic now... sorry for poor english.

I think you are referring to a factory blemish or blem as they call it. Most of these don't have a box and usually are marked xxxx on the blade instead of a serial number. Usually it's considered a blem over cosmetic issues.

Kershaw/ZT sells what they call "blem" models from the factory without a box. These are knives that typically have some sort of cosmetic issue which doesn't affect the function of the knife. These knives are sold at a discount and do not carry a warranty. I'm assuming this is what you're talking about. These are marked with 4 X's somewhere on the blade.

Otherwise obviously some people just don't keep the box and then when they sell it they sell without the box. But from the factory the blem models are the only ones that don't come in a box. Hope this helps.

Here is a pic of the X's on a blem Kershaw Blur.

79h8ubh.jpg

Kershaw/ZT sells what they call "blem" models from the factory without a box. These are knives that typically have some sort of cosmetic issue which doesn't affect the function of the knife. These knives are sold at a discount and do not carry a warranty. I'm assuming this is what you're talking about. These are marked with 4 X's somewhere on the blade.

Otherwise obviously some people just don't keep the box and then when they sell it they sell without the box. But from the factory the blem models are the only ones that don't come in a box. Hope this helps.

Here is a pic of the X's on a blem Kershaw Blur.

79h8ubh.jpg
This is correct. The knives that do normally have a serial number still have a serial number btw

Back