Bad Blood Blowout =Stocking Stuffers !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? Why do I read so many horror stories of lock stick, bad centering etc on here for MUCH more expensive knives purchased from dealers here then?
Really, list them... please. I doubt you'll find many. The few you do find from our reputable dealers, the customer didn't call and ask to have the knife being sent looked over. How about you buy a knife from usamadeblade and call and talk to Scott.

Really, list them... please. I doubt you'll find many. The few you do find from our reputable dealers, the customer didn't call and ask to have the knife being sent looked over. How about you buy a knife from usamadeblade and call and talk to Scott.

I don't make it a practice to call anyone and have them inspect a $20 knife, you have to be frigging kidding me. I haven't ever done that with a $20 knife or a $100 knife. This is the first knife I've ever had to return for having an issue that I think is not acceptable. I'll take those odds on getting a decent one when this is exchanged. But I appreciate the hilarious advice.

I can just see that now, calling a dealer and asking him to perform a top to bottom factory QC on a $20 knife, that's funny right there.

I don't make it a practice to call anyone and have them inspect a $20 knife, you have to be frigging kidding me. I haven't ever done that with a $20 knife or a $100 knife. This is the first knife I've ever had to return for having an issue that I think is not acceptable. I'll take those odds on getting a decent one when this is exchanged. But I appreciate the hilarious advice.

I can just see that now, calling a dealer and asking him to perform a top to bottom factory QC on a $20 knife, that's funny right there.
Ok.

Now you are just being ridiculous. Fine, don't ensure you get what you pay for. Makes perfect sense.:rolleyes:

This same advice to contact a dealer has been given hundreds of times on this forum. You are the first person to scoff at it.

Now you are just being ridiculous. Fine, don't ensure your get what you pay for. Makes perfect sense.:rolleyes:

This same advice to contact a dealer has been given hundreds of times on this forum. You are the first person to scoff at it.

Sorry, I don't buy that a dealer is going to invest 5-10 minutes going over a $20 knife to ensure it meets the customers quality requirements, gotta call BS on that one. In addition, I am getting a replacement, in what way am I not getting what I paid for? You trolls need to work harder, at least make your argument believable.

Sorry, I don't buy that a dealer is going to invest 5-10 minutes going over a $20 knife to ensure it meets the customers quality requirements, gotta call BS on that one. In addition, I am getting a replacement, in what way am I not getting what I paid for? You trolls need to work harder, at least make your argument believable.
Name calling. Knock it off.

I've requested an item be inspected many times. I know many many other people who have done so as well. This is common advice around here.

You are more than plain wrong on this one.

If you buy a lot of knives or even regularly a few more expensive ones from the same dealer and have some sort of relationship built up , yes it's reasonable to expect this kind of special service . Otherwise , for a $20 knife on clearance at Xmas when they're the busiest , the suggestion is silly and unreasonable .

If you buy a lot of knives or even regularly a few more expensive ones from the same dealer and have some sort of relationship built up , yes it's reasonable to expect this kind of special service . Otherwise , for a $20 knife on clearance at Xmas when they're the busiest , the suggestion is silly and unreasonable .
No it isn't. Even saves the dealer money. Return shipping takes a toll on the profit of selling a $20 knife.

No it isn't. Even saves the dealer money. Return shipping takes a toll on the profit of selling a $20 knife.
Then the dealers must be retarded to ship anything without checking it out 1st , except almost none do this routinely . YMMV

Name calling? Really? Just calling a spade a spade. Trolling is describing a behavior, particularly one in which a poster tries to bait another poster with ridicules claims and arguments. Nobody is going to spend time QC inspecting a $20 knife.

By the way, I think I have the lock stick worked out, although the lock up is very late. I may opt to not bother with an exchange.

I think some members just like to swoop-in and try to worry at a person just to invite a response that will lock the tread . Seems I've seen this before ? Sorry but I'm just too full of the loving spirit of Xmas .:)
Still a lot of this going on here . Note that I'm referring here to sales at BF supporting sponsors . Closing this thread doesn't serve any purpose except mischief .

Last edited:
I own a lot of knives at various price points . At about $50 they stop seeing EDC because I don't wanna outlay the cash to replace them and I'm prone to lose things. I'm much more likely to carry something cheap that fulfills my standard EDC tasks of mostly cutting boxes and opening mail. I regularly roatate into my EDC a knife that cost $4 from Wal Mart which I consider to be an unbelievable value for that tiny amount. $20 knives built halfway decent are a step up from flea market junk and reasonably "adult and subdued" styling will help attract more people to the hobby, nothing wrong with that at all. Of course we all wanna tote a Sebbie 24-7 but for some people that's just not financially possible and may never will be. I know a lot of younger people especially who would have a hard time justifying to wives even a $100 knife. These are "only $20"- but they're not ripping off another design. I hope they stay in business, competition in the lower price brackets is nothing but a good thing. That tanto has got me looking on the KC page,lol.

I own a lot of knives at various price points . At about $50 they stop seeing EDC because I don't wanna outlay the cash to replace them and I'm prone to lose things. I'm much more likely to carry something cheap that fulfills my standard EDC tasks of mostly cutting boxes and opening mail. I regularly roatate into my EDC a knife that cost $4 from Wal Mart which I consider to be an unbelievable value for that tiny amount. $20 knives built halfway decent are a step up from flea market junk and reasonably "adult and subdued" styling will help attract more people to the hobby, nothing wrong with that at all. Of course we all wanna tote a Sebbie 24-7 but for some people that's just not financially possible and may never will be. I know a lot of younger people especially who would have a hard time justifying to wives even a $100 knife. These are "only $20"- but they're not ripping off another design. I hope they stay in business, competition in the lower price brackets is nothing but a good thing. That tanto has got me looking on the KC page,lol.
Bravo , exactly ! ^^^ Well said , sir .:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dam it, I bought the Raiju today. This thread is costing me money.

The Raiju also came in yesterday, that is one NICE fixed blade for a "$20" knife. Same basic blade profile as the Yokai. The handle on the Raiju is exceptional by the way and the fit in the kydex sheath is about as tight as you would want without it being glued in.

The Raiju also came in yesterday, that is one NICE fixed blade for a "$20" knife. Same basic blade profile as the Yokai.

Thanks for the photo . Great to see them side-by-side to compare . Yeah , I gots to have that Yokai from Santa ! It's a monster .:eek:

Then the dealers must be retarded to ship anything without checking it out 1st , except almost none do this routinely . YMMV

Name calling? Really? Just calling a spade a spade. Trolling is describing a behavior, particularly one in which a poster tries to bait another poster with ridicules claims and arguments. Nobody is going to spend time QC inspecting a $20 knife.

By the way, I think I have the lock stick worked out, although the lock up is very late. I may opt to not bother with an exchange.

Still a lot of this going on here . Note that I'm referring here to sales at BF supporting sponsors . Closing this thread doesn't serve any purpose except mischief .

The fact that you two are now continuing to scoff, name call, and promote drama when given sound advice is quite petty. Asking a dealer to check a knife at any price range is very common. That is a fact.

Enjoy your $20 knives that come from the dealer not correct. Sorry for trying to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back