• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Seller beware - Extrabaconplease - Luke Oudy

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you recall him mentioning in our favourite subforum how his parents were well off, yet he'd never ever ask them for financial support? If he has so much pride that he'd rather try and rip off a knife maker, (who feeds his family by the sweat of his brow) than ask for some financial support from his own, well off family, then it's hard to imagine the quoted scenario

Yes, Lorien, I indeed do remember that statement and in fact it was on the back of my mind when I was writing about the other possibilities. I was told privately by a very well known Forum member who both and I respect immensely, that EBP came across as having two very distinct and separate personalities. One was this charming and playful one in his own jovial way and the other callous, cold and selfish. I personally did not experience the latter because I never transacted with him.

The way I look at it is this, everyone has an online persona which at times is an alter ego of the real person. Bacon had said a lot of things and what he had claimed ought to have been taken with a good dose of salt! I still believe that he ought to have come in here and explained himself. He should have firstly atoned by making Ben right by dropping his PP claim and should have admitted that his so-called Hobby was getting way too much out of hand within the budget he was operating with. Not many independent 20 years olds can recurringly afford $250 - $750 knives on an average 20 years old's income!

I guess I got used to inspecting anything I buy from buying guns online for years ... and in order to buy guns online you have it shipped to someone with an FFL ... and I inspect fully when it arrives because once the tranfer papers are filled out and filed ... it's mine and in order to return it would have to be accepted and transfered ...

I know that isn't how knife purchases work but just using it as an example of why I take the 5 or 10 minutes to completely inspect an item.

And I don't personally know the person ... but seeing them post Want To Buy ads for some mid to high dollar knives ... and actually buying some at the same time they were trying to pressure someone to buy back an item because they needed the money ( because they spent beyond their means it appears) ... is simple BS.

I hope PayPal gets busy and gets this settled soon for you Ben. It's not right nor fair to have your account frozen from false claims being filed.

And hopefully others that see this will take note ... I learned the hard way years ago ... to make and use a completely separate account and CC for only PayPal dealings ... because I had someone do the same ... filed a false claim and it took over a month for PayPal to settle it and it not only froze my PayPal account but my bank account because it was what was attached to PayPal for ease of transferring funds ... they ruled in my favor but I learned a valuble lesson after having my account frozen and scraping through til it was settled.

I don't care for the fact that paypal automatically freezes my account, when I have done SO much business with them over the years. A full time incomes worth every single year. I should get the benefit of the doubt until it is resolved.
If I want to use my account It will charge the full amount ($750) to my credit card since my account had a zero balance when it was froze.

Everyone knows he's lying about the stains. What happened is he tried to flip it and couldn't got caught up in another deal depending on the cash sale from this knife. When the cash didn't come he panicked and tried to pull this bullshit. A total dirt bag move and the community here is better off without him. I would bet sometime soon a new member pops up trying to sell this knife they bought on another site lol. We all know it will be him just watch for it.

Everyone knows he's lying about the stains. What happened is he tried to flip it and couldn't got caught up in another deal depending on the cash sale from this knife. When the cash didn't come he panicked and tried to pull this bullshit. A total dirt bag move and the community here is better off without him. I would bet sometime soon a new member pops up trying to sell this knife they bought on another site lol. We all know it will be him just watch for it.

There are a few very good fellas who are also from Australia (where Bacon is from) who Bacon had assisted to score the very hard to get Carothers Knives, whereby he acted as a proxy buyer on the CPK's Fridays sales. What Bacon did to Ben and the issues which it has now caused with Ben's PP is totally reprehensible but if one of those Forum members buys that knife from Bacon to sell on here, let's not pile on those guys as long as they legitimately own that Vorpal. This is a far fetched scenario and doing anything with Bacon is far too toxic right now, but I believe in second chances even though that it will not happen on here after the egregious way that he misused the PP claim process to weasel out of a remorse purchase. If he sells the knife for a loss to one of his buddies who decides to sell it on here, I don't see anything wrong with that.

Of course all of my opinion pivots on Ben being made right and whole on that impetuous PP claim. In fact someone or a few ought to band together to help Ben to buy that knife back at a discount, if PayPal becomes wormy and then offer it again for sale on here. That Vorpal is now quite infamous :D

There are a few very good fellas who are also from Australia (where Bacon is from) who Bacon had assisted to score the very hard to get Carothers Knives, whereby he acted as a proxy buyer on the CPK's Fridays sales. What Bacon did to Ben and the issues which it has now caused with Ben's PP is totally reprehensible but if one of those Forum members buys that knife from Bacon to sell on here, let's not pile on those guys as long as they legitimately own that Vorpal. This is a far fetched scenario and doing anything with Bacon is far too toxic right now, but I believe in second chances even though that it will not happen on here after the egregious way that he misused the PP claim process to weasel out of a remorse purchase. If he sells the knife for a loss to one of his buddies who decides to sell it on here, I don't see anything wrong with that.

Of course all of my opinion pivots on Ben being made right and whole on that impetuous PP claim. In fact someone or a few ought to band together to help Ben to buy that knife back at a discount, if PayPal becomes wormy and then offer it again for sale on here. That Vorpal is now quite infamous :D

Ok I think you misunderstood my post of me saying I bet some time soon a new member pops up selling this knife. I ment it will be bacon on a new account saying he bought it on another site.
I'm glad you belive in second chances matter of fact I'm all for you searching him out and selling a knife to him elsewhere. Just let us know what his excuse with PayPal was when he files a claim because he needs money. You don't have to agree with me or my views that's one of the best parts of life we can agree to disagree.

I guess I got used to inspecting anything I buy from buying guns online for years ... and in order to buy guns online you have it shipped to someone with an FFL ... and I inspect fully when it arrives because once the tranfer papers are filled out and filed ... it's mine and in order to return it would have to be accepted and transfered ...

I know that isn't how knife purchases work but just using it as an example of why I take the 5 or 10 minutes to completely inspect an item.

And I don't personally know the person ... but seeing them post Want To Buy ads for some mid to high dollar knives ... and actually buying some at the same time they were trying to pressure someone to buy back an item because they needed the money ( because they spent beyond their means it appears) ... is simple BS.

I hope PayPal gets busy and gets this settled soon for you Ben. It's not right nor fair to have your account frozen from false claims being filed.

+1

I too, have had a quite a few firearms that I've purchased shipped directly to my FFL Dealer here in my North County location (an awesome guy btw). The very day that they arrive, I make it a point to stop by & inspect whatever it is I've purchased, as well as get all the necessary DOJ paperwork that's required, completed, so that I can begin serving my 10 day DROS waiting period.

I operate in the same expeditious manner, regarding the knives I purchase here or on other forums. Today, I had my surf kayak strapped down and all my gear loaded, ready to hit the big South swell waves that have been hitting our Coast...then decided to check my mailbox before heading out. There was a new Protech automatic that had just been delivered. I grabbed the box, sprinted back to my place, got out a knife & opened the box...spent about 3 minutes getting my stoke on firing this really cool OTF Dark Angel...then on my way to Ponto's, I stopped by the USPO and shipped out 2 knives I just sold to another member here, yesterday. Work before pleasure. :cool:

I already sent the seller here a PM, letting him to know we're good to go...& will leave him ++++ feedback shortly.

Extra Bacon Please (Luke): If you're reading this, you need to follow the advice of one of your own, Ronnie Johns aka "Chopper" (great YT video with a Bowie knife). You need a cup of concrete Mate & harden the F up! I hope you get your act together. :thumbsup: :)

Last edited:
Ok I think you misunderstood my post of me saying I bet some time soon a new member pops up selling this knife. I ment it will be bacon on a new account saying he bought it on another site.
I'm glad you belive in second chances matter of fact I'm all for you searching him out and selling a knife to him elsewhere. Just let us know what his excuse with PayPal was when he files a claim because he needs money. You don't have to agree with me or my views that's one of the best parts of life we can agree to disagree.

Nicely written snarky piece, well done.

It is my understanding that EBP was banned from an Aussie knife forum for his shenanigans there, so this doesn't come as any surprise. :rolleyes: It's just too bad that Ben had to deal with the headache before he got the boot here too. :thumbsdown:

Update.
Well PayPal, in all of their divine wisdom, ruled in his favor. Apparently all the evidence I presented wasn't looked at it.

So now I wait to see if he returns the knife and if it is in the same condition I sent it to him in.

Update.
Well PayPal, in all of their divine wisdom, ruled in his favor. Apparently all the evidence I presented wasn't looked at it.

So now I wait to see if he returns the knife and if it is in the same condition I sent it to him in.

File an appeal and call them. I saw in another thread where that made the difference.

Wow, that is pretty lame on their part. Would seem that there is enough evidence to prove your case. You may be right, maybe they didn't even look at it. Regardless, I hope you do at least get the knife back and that it is in the same condition you sent it to him.

File an appeal for sure. A lot of times they just default to the buyer without looking to far into it. This is why I haven't used PayPal in years . Similar thing happen to me before. As well as holding my funds for 180 days multiple times. Be sure if he does send back the knife, that you document the opening and receipt of the package as evidence if needed. Also weight of the package, compared to what it should weigh.

That is just ridiculous! I agree with the others. Call PayPal and appeal the case. Hopefully they can see the reality of this mess. I’m so sorry you have to deal with this. All of the flawless transactions you’ve done with PayPal should account for something.

Is anyone friends with/in touch with Luke? Can he be reasoned with? Mike

Ben, I am very sorry to hear about this decision by PP and sadly I suspect that since EBP has been banished from here, he may feel entirely justified to inflict even more harm onto you, without any legitimate rhyme or reason. As others have said, your only option right now is to appeal this skewed decision and should that also be ruled in EBP's favor, I truly hope that EBP just sends you the original knife in the best possible condition without any untoward malice or grudge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back