• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

tundratrader-where are my knives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Who ships an expensive knife anywhere, let alone Russia and keeps (loses all) no documentation? And while you are not the first person asked to lie on a Customs document, you are still a crook for doing so."

Tundratrader has created a problem which he acknowledges. Lying on customs forms is certainly not the most ethical action one can take, but to call a man a crook based on that is RIDICULOUS.

I've bought from tundratrader and not had a problem with shipment or communications from him.

Personally I would never have agreed to send a knife like that without insurance. National postal systems all over the world is being infiltrated by crooks and criminals who will steal anything that is not going to cost their employer money (I assume they won't get in trouble if its not tracked) It is so bad that the USPS won't even insure over a certain amount to certain places like the UK. Not that the USPS themselves are that great, I've had my share of problems with them.

Too bad the customs slip doesn't exist any more, the customs number can be used to track a package sent through the USPS on their web site even if its not a trackable service.

I would bet this knife is on some Russian customs agent.

If he had a receipt, then you could "prove" that....but no proof of shipment is a serious problem. Jamming a guy out of money, because he's abroad...is BS.

Having not provided or shown interest in obtaining a receipt is bad in my book, i would say tundra owes the man some $$$ regardless of the way it was allegedly shipped.

Any seller has the responsibility to show proof of purchase.
If for whatever reason they cannot meet that responsibility, then they are 100% responsible to make good.
How can anyone see this any other way?
Selling is a serious business, and certain codes of practice have to be followed, otherwise this happens.

Agreed.

I don't know about you guys, but I expect all sellers to send me proof of shipment ASAP. Doesn't matter if it's shipped from across the Pacific or across city lines, if I buy something I want to know when and if it was sent. I've bought dozens of things online, and only ever had one person wait for a request to get a customs #.

C'mon dude, that's online selling 101.

That being said, asking not to insure it and to lie about the value was incredibly stupid. But again, the seller should not have agreed to it in an international sale.

Right is right............whether a "firefighter", teacher, cop, garbage guy or unemployed.

Basing that one and only stated "contingency" to meet Roman part way really set wrong with me.........

I also agree their should be a receipt as proof!!!!! I actually keep mine for months just in case a problem arrives... I have to say this is why international sale's should be sent express global mail or fed-ex or usps. I will also not send international unless they are a MEMBER!!!!!!! I hope this is a case of mishap and no real thievery on either party... tundratrader please provide proof if possible. hope this get's resolved cause this is a place of trust and honesty and good people

I feel it is the seller's responsibility to get the knife to the buyer, period.

As a seller, if I can't get insured/tracked shipping to protect myself, then there won't be a transaction.

I bought the knives around the world. And sent them in different ways.
But all of a parcel came within two months.
Now I am very sorry that had asked to understate the value of the invoice.
But Zachary (tundratrader) said that the package will cost $ 15.
Typically, a parcel with a knife from the U.S. to Russia were worth $ 5-10 (with tracking). And with the postal receipt.
And the moral of all different.
I suffered for a long time. In my correspondence with (tundratrader) are 76 letters. And Most of my letters. I tried for weeks to get answers, but all the time were empty promises. Go to the post office and find the postal receipt. And I hope for a normal solution.
When I became harder to raise questions (tundratrader) has stopped responding and I had to open this topic.
The forum discussed many times that we can always find a solution and share the costs between seller and buyer. But (tundratrader) is not interested, he received all the money and the knife.

Everybody screwed up on this one. No insurance, ridiculous undervaluing on the customs form being asked for and given, proof of shipment not kept by the buyer. There's your three rings to make the circus.

It's a serious and expensive lesson learned for both parties.

I don't have a dog in the fight.... But this seems reasonable "Go to the post office and find the postal receipt." Tough situation for both parties...mike

Kromanm...I would only accept full payment, to settle this dispute. The product did not arrive, and shipping proof is nonexistent. It is the sellers obligation, to ensure delivery....even if he wants to provide/demands all shipping guidelines.

Kromanm...I would only accept full payment, to settle this dispute. The product did not arrive, and shipping proof is nonexistent. It is the sellers obligation, to ensure delivery....even if he wants to provide/demands all shipping guidelines.

Don't mean to be a prick :) That being said, there should be no demands from a buyer whose intent was defraud or circumvent his countries postal system. I understand that CUSTOMS OFFICERS can be pricks. But if wasn't for the buyers devious intent the first place, this might not have happened.

This deal lands in a very gray area. I don't think either person is solely to blame. It just baffles me though that these knives costing hundreds and hundreds of dollars are being sent
internationally without any safety net, proof of shipment or insurance. It's like sending someone off into the dark unknown without a rope tied to them hoping they'll miraculously find
there way to the destination.

I always thought that insurance and tracking are there to cover the sellers a$$ just in case the knife doesn't arrive.
In fact, I'm pretty sure it's forum policy for the seller to make sure the knife gets there.
That's how I see it anyways.

If I was the seller and this happened to one of my buyers, I would feel sick to my stomach with guilt for going the extra mile to make sure the knife made it there.

I bought the knives around the world. And sent them in different ways.
But all of a parcel came within two months.
Now I am very sorry that had asked to understate the value of the invoice.
But Zachary (tundratrader) said that the package will cost $ 15.
Typically, a parcel with a knife from the U.S. to Russia were worth $ 5-10 (with tracking). And with the postal receipt.
And the moral of all different.
I suffered for a long time. In my correspondence with (tundratrader) are 76 letters. And Most of my letters. I tried for weeks to get answers, but all the time were empty promises. Go to the post office and find the postal receipt. And I hope for a normal solution.
When I became harder to raise questions (tundratrader) has stopped responding and I had to open this topic.
The forum discussed many times that we can always find a solution and share the costs between seller and buyer. But (tundratrader) is not interested, he received all the money and the knife.

Roman,
Provide proof that you work as a firefighter and I will split the cost of a new XM18 the next time they have a batch. That is the only reasonable option. The knife will be shipped full value, insured, registered mail.

I realize fault by both of us. You didn't want to pay for customs or proper shipping costs. I knew better than to send a knife that way. I don't know what more I can do.

Zach

I don't mean to poke the bear,but why is everyone so assured that Roman never received it? What if Zach should find the receipt?Would that put an end to it as far as Roman is concerned? 700 dollars is a lot of money for most people,let alone a "firefighter" in Russia? I have never sold or shipped anything outside CONUS but have certainly bought from overseas and have never had a problem. Those who claim they keep receipts for months/years are the exception not the norm.
I am not suggesting either party is lying but seems a fellow long term, paying member with a good rep and 1200+ posts is being unjustly crucified.I'm curious as to which part of Russia this was going to?
Hey,maybe Putin has it;he's a knife guy. I hope this works itself out in an amicable way.Seem's Zach is trying his best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back