• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

tundratrader-where are my knives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mean to poke the bear,but why is everyone so assured that Roman never received it? What if Zach should find the receipt?Would that put an end to it as far as Roman is concerned? 700 dollars is a lot of money for most people,let alone a "firefighter" in Russia? I have never sold or shipped anything outside CONUS but have certainly bought from overseas and have never had a problem. Those who claim they keep receipts for months/years are the exception not the norm.
I am not suggesting either party is lying but seems a fellow long term, paying member with a good rep and 1200+ posts is being unjustly crucified.I'm curious as to which part of Russia this was going to?
Hey,maybe Putin has it;he's a knife guy. I hope this works itself out in an amicable way.Seem's Zach is trying his best.

Dammm lol good point, but were all assuming on myths. Only the buyer and seller truly know what happened this is like a episode of Lost!

I don't mean to poke the bear,but why is everyone so assured that Roman never received it?

I doubt anyone is being intentionally dishonest, but...

Even if TundraTrader only mailed the knife across town, in case of dispute the burden still falls on him to show it was delivered as promised to the buyer.

But Zachary (tundratrader) said that the package will cost $ 15.
Typically, a parcel with a knife from the U.S. to Russia were worth $ 5-10 (with tracking). And with the postal receipt.

So all of this trouble in order to save a lousy $5-$10 when mailing a six-hundred-dollar item. I'm speechless. Almost.

I have not tried to lie, cheat or steal from anyone on this forum. The people posting here that dont know me and have never done business with me have no right to call me out for a situation that they are not involved with. Not keeping a receipt is not unethical or illegal it is just a fact of the case of me being a busy person. I am a firefighter and EMT here in Homer Alaska so that should say something about my morals and values. Because of this deal with Kronman which admittedly is partially my fault my name is now ruined on this forum. I have done hundreds of transactions with people all over the world on this forum. I cannot control what the USPS does.

What more can I do at this point?

So you are saying that people that don't know you or have done business with you have no right to "call you out"

that is what this subforum is for......facts get presented and community members post their thoughts and comments based on the information provided or not provided by the two parties with the dispute.

I normally give more credibility to the more known community member when it is "he said she said" ...but this is based on admissions from both sides that lead me to my opinion of more fault onto the seller than buyer.

"not keeping a mailing receipt is neither unethical or illegal"(funny how you didn't address the lying on the custom part here...which sounds like fault is on BOTH on this part)

I agree I would call it irresponsible..IRRESPONSIBLE to the point that you are on the hook for the value of the knife.

If you had the mailing receipt you would at least have proof you mailed the knife, which is the LARGEST part of this whole ordeal!

The OP further states you have been dodging his communication for months......what is your excuse for this??? your "busy"???

sounds to me like you gave the OP no choice but to bring it to this level.....You have brought this upon yourself in how poorly you have dealt with the situation.

so WHO is the blame for a ruined name on BF??

Last edited:
Wait just a second.

Roman,
Provide proof that you work as a firefighter and I will split the cost of a new XM18 the next time they have a batch. That is the only reasonable option. The knife will be shipped full value, insured, registered mail.

I realize fault by both of us. You didn't want to pay for customs or proper shipping costs. I knew better than to send a knife that way. I don't know what more I can do.

Zach

There are so many things wrong with this post, I don't even know where to start.

It doesn't matter what he does for a living, you didn't cover your ass in an international sale. You didn't even provide customs information. Why should he have to prove he's a firefighter if you can't even prove you sent the package?

I think it's very clear what the reasonable option is, and it doesn't involve splitting the cost of another knife. As you said yourself, you should've known better than to do that: so man up, take responsibility, and refund the transaction.

So all of this trouble in order to save a lousy $5-$10 when mailing a six-hundred-dollar item. I'm speechless. Almost.

The last time I sent something to Russia, customs duties were 50% after $100, so you are talking about $250.00 in duties, a whole lot more than people realize.

I've bought from TT a few times and everything was smooth as silk.

Particularly messy here though since he can't prove he shipped and also can't verify it wasn't received.

I sent a copy of his license.
In the e-mail. tundratrader.
And proved his profession!
But during these six months. I was introduced to
Rob Orlando. (from rickhindererknives) And now I can buy myself knives.
Without a mediator and an entirely different price.

And even if tundratrader, a good man.
Why did not he told me. What can I do to buy knives from rickhindererknives.
He knew that I was working with the fire.
But let it be on his conscience ("honest Fire").

Last edited:
So you are saying that people that don't know you or have done business with you have no right to "call you out"

that is what this subforum is for......facts get presented and community members post their thoughts and comments based on the information provided or not provided by the two parties with the dispute.

I normally give more credibility to the more known community member when it is "he said she said" ...but this is based on admissions from both sides that lead me to my opinion of more fault onto the seller than buyer.

"not keeping a mailing receipt is neither unethical or illegal"(funny how you didn't address the lying on the custom part here...which sounds like fault is on BOTH on this part)

I agree I would call it irresponsible..IRRESPONSIBLE to the point that you are on the hook for the value of the knife.

If you had the mailing receipt you would at least have proof you mailed the knife, which is the LARGEST part of this whole ordeal!

The OP further states you have been dodging his communication for months......what is your excuse for this??? your "busy"???

sounds to me like you gave the OP no choice but to bring it to this level.....You have brought this upon yourself in how poorly you have dealt with the situation.

so WHO is the blame for a ruined name on BF??

I agree. the buyer can PROVE he paid you....it's your job to refund the money(or send another knife), and lesson learned. Your reputation is as stake, buck up the cash !

Never, ever ship to Russia. Russian customs is totally ridiculous in their wait times.

Not being rude, but Id rather deal with Russia then you after that comment. Got a feeling Ive had a few more transactions with Russians then you have and gotta be completely honest, Russians are some of my favorite people to deal with. In my experiences They are no BS, pay immediately, and wait patiently for up to 2 months+-,in that time they never contact me asking for tracking or any of that humbojumbo, very easy going to the point people. Knives Ive shipped there always show. Another country that is slow as hell is Norway but Ill be damned if they dont seem to have some of the most easy going people as well.

Roman,
Provide proof that you work as a firefighter and I will split the cost of a new XM18 the next time they have a batch. That is the only reasonable option. The knife will be shipped full value, insured, registered mail.

I realize fault by both of us. You didn't want to pay for customs or proper shipping costs. I knew better than to send a knife that way. I don't know what more I can do.

Zach

WTF ? So, 6 months later he has to wait for another release of knives from the MFG. ? Why not PayPal his refund NOW...IN FULL.....instead of waiting for a new knife, that you're buying for far less than the sales price to him.

The seller states the terms of the sale, including payment & shipping. It was your call to ship unethically, it's your moral responsibility to make good on the deal. To not be able to produce a receipt for shipping, doesn't make you guilty of mail fraud...but responsible for the refund.

If I got burned for $600-$700...I'd be contacting the authorities in Homer, Alaska. Where the OP lives, or what he does for a living is irrelevant...so, since I'm an Electrical Engineer....I don't get a refund ? BS

I feel it is the seller's responsibility to get the knife to the buyer, period.

As a seller, if I can't get insured/tracked shipping to protect myself, then there won't be a transaction.

Same here!

I have no comment's to the Buyer or Seller. If you have been a member of these forum's and have read any GB&U thread's, there is alway's a common trend in any deal that goes bad. Remember, the Buyer has no power, the Seller is in control of everything. The buyer should never be allowed to dictate any term's of any sale IMO. To allow the Buyer any power, implies in my mind, a precursor to wrong doing, or desperation on the part of the Seller to make the sale for whatever reason. The trend's for a deal to go bad are alway's the same from what I have read over and over on GB&U.

PayPal Gift Option/ Trying to defraud PayPal of Fee's/ Losing any protection you might have had/ Paypal is a convienent way to get paid/ The fee is for the convenince/ IE; 711 or Circle K, you know your paying more, but it is convenient, hence the name "Convenience Store"

Shipping without Tracking or Insurance/ Not protecting yourself or the Buyer/ ( Red Flag ) if either party is willing to do this/ It's a deal not worth doing IMO although, a normal practice on the exchange/

Being asked to lie on Custom's form's/ A deal that start's in fraud can just as easily end in fraud/ Unlawful/ Asking seller to commit a crime ( Red Flag) You pay the duty fee/ Or don't order the item in the first place/Move to USA to avoid Duty Fee's/ Looking at it that way, the Duty Fee is probably cheap compared to moving/

Packaging/ Never ship in Envelopes or thin cardboard mailer's/ Use good Boxes and Secure the knife/ Since it is a Knife and has the ability to CUT, Keep that in mind when packaging/

Keep the power, I get into this all the time on Ebay and will simply cancel the bid if my instruction's cannot be followed. I don't care how many packages the buyer has received without any problem's doing it his way. It's my way or NO WAY! I normally alway's state in my add's for International Buyer's to contact me prior to bidding as shipping rates are usually triple compared to CONUS with Tracking & Insurance.

Had this been my deal, I would have worked with the buyer to a point. The Tracking and Insurance would have been mandatory. I might have offered to split the cost with him if I had no other Buyer's interested and really wanted to move the item. Other than that, I would have just re-listed. Most of the time, the buyer's understand in the end and will either pay the extra money or cancel the bid without any hard feeling's because you are protecting yourself and the buyer. It's your reputation and property, it's makes good sense to protect it.

I have noticed these trend's and post only to benefit someone and save themselves some grief, both buyer's and seller's. Being a little paranoid and cautious can save you a lot of grief later. If I was a Millionaire, I would not worry about it however, since I am not, I have to concern myself with these detail's as I can't afford to take a hit like this and feel bad for both of you and hope it work's out!

I've read all five pages of this thread and my opinion is this. Regardless of T.T. profession, no postal receipt (proof of shipment) = 100% refund. I'm in law enforcement myself and for something to have happened or taken place requires proof by any court. If there is no proof then it didn't happen in the court's eyes.

I've read all five pages of this thread and my opinion is this. Regardless of T.T. profession, no postal receipt (proof of shipment) = 100% refund. I'm in law enforcement myself and for something to have happened or taken place requires proof by any court. If there is no proof then it didn't happen in the court's eyes.

100 percent correct....

Chris D.:D

What about the customs form.I never use click and ship,can you do the customs form with it?
If there was one it should be on record somewhere.If there wasn't that could be why it has not been delivered yet.

This a very strange situation.

On one hand we have a guy who has a long and positive experience on this forum. TT has a fair amount of feedback, gold membership, and a proven track record.

On the other hand, you've got a guy who's not getting his end of the deal and simply wants some basic confirmation that it was sent. This is NOT an unreasonable request. Kromanm isn't asking for anything more then he'd otherwise receive if he were stateside. I think its fairly common practice to send a tracking number to the other side at the time of shipping.

There is also a comment from Onlooker that he's also not received his end from TT.

It's quite possible that its all just a confluence of events. Possibly USPS in Alaska just dropped the ball.

That said, both parties erred rather egregiously in this transaction:

1: TT should have, at the very least, sent Kromanm the customs number as soon as he had it. Even better, he should have sent a copy of the receipt. Without this basic information there is no proof that anything at all was sent.
2: Kromanm should not have insisted that the parcel be sent with a $40 value and listed as a camping tool. TT should not has agreed to this without, at least, getting Kromanm's agreement in writing that he won't be held accountable for any loss. This leaves both parties with no recourse against their respective postal systems.
3: TT should, perhaps, cut Kromanm some slack with regard to the language barrier. The guy can obviously get his point across and only wants the bare minimum that one would expect from a stateside seller. Right is right regardless of language.
4: Whether Kromanm is a firefighter, school bus driver, or cleans road-kill off the side of the road is COMPLETELY irrelevant. That's just not germane to the point. If you're going to refund his money based on his being a firefighter then you should do so regardless.

I don't really know what to think in this scenario. I click-n-ship pretty much all of my packages and as such have a track-record of every item I send out.

TT: how did you pay for the package? Was it with credit card? If so, USPS may be able to track the receipt down using that.

Its very easy to say "refund the guy" when its not your money at stake but then again the burden of proof is on TT to prove he actually sent the item.

Kromanm: do you have the specific details of the knife you were meant to receive?
Onlooker: same to you?

I'd be interested to know that it wasn't the same knife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back