• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

tundratrader-where are my knives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.. A crook for not keeping receipts.. That's pretty judgmental. I really wonder why some people gotta bring a gas can to a fire.

Tundra,

I am with you on this. Go to the Salty Dog and have a beer.

I would bet this knife is on some Russian customs agent.

falsifying documents makes him a crook, read ALL not just some

Tundratrader has created a problem which he acknowledges. Lying on customs forms is certainly not the most ethical action one can take, but to call a man a crook based on that is RIDICULOUS.

Sorry, we all have different standards. What do you call someone who falsifys Documents. a Patriot?

I call him a crook, and to me it fits

The buyer could also be called a crook for asking that it be done.

I am blown away that people here think I should be in jail over this. Roman has also now taken this to another forum. I have been a paying member of this community for quite
some time. That usually says something. Why are people not even considering the possibility that this knife was sent, stolen by customs or in the hands of the buyer? In previous emails the buyer even stated that it was his fault for the way it was shipped.

It's not a matter of guilt, it's a matter of proof. You shipped the knife, against regulations....and no proof.

If you think it is only wrong by degrees, falsify the next customs document you execute, send me a copy and allow me to start the criminal process.

My bet is no one will take me up on it because to falsify a customs document as in this case is unlawful (read crooked) conduct.

As for the rest of this mess of a knife deal, it sure was handled exactlty as we all would wish........................or was it.

Oh and I do NOT and will NOT falsify documents ever and I am no boy scout............

Tundra I believe you.

However, the simple fact is that you were paid to deliver an item and you have not done so.

As a seller, you are responsible to either deliver the goods or refund the money.

Had you purchased insurance(your choice, not the buyer's), you would have a claim with USPS.

Wow, this thread has me back to US sales only. What a cluster...

The OP doesn't want the knife now(I wouldn't either), he wants the money. After 6 months of no response, lack of attention, no results....give him the refund.

TT, you may be innocent of fraud....but can't prove it. The OP can prove payment to you, you owe a refund...and got an expensive lesson.

One question about the theory of an insurance claim - if you declare the value of the package for customs at $40 can you legitimately insure it for any more than that? If you did and then filed the claim wouldn't it be obvious to the PO that you're fudging things on one side or the other? You're either undervaluing to beat the import fees or you're overinsuring to make profit on a claim. Neither situation looks like a winner.

Tundra I believe you.

However, the simple fact is that you were paid to deliver an item and you have not done so.

As a seller, you are responsible to either deliver the goods or refund the money.

Had you purchased insurance(your choice, not the buyer's), you would have a claim with USPS.

+1 I really hope this gets resolved. It is stories like these that make me wary of buying knives from individuals in the first place.

From what I understand, he shouldn't have to provide proof to you that he is a firefighter to get the Hinderer knife directly, because unless you provide proof of shipping, the only firefighter who should be buying a Hinderer for Roman is you.

I don't really understand why you just toss out receipts that deal with $700 items, but perhaps you misplaced it. I just can't believe that there isn't some way that you can get the customs number or the tracking information (just from your PO to leaving the USA).

Both guys sound like they just want this over with, so get it done.

tundratrader Stop lying!
Bring back my money!
Here is the beginning of our correspondence.
Here you can see that tundratrader know where I work.
And that was before the payment knife.
Hinderer XM18 3.5 "flipper
Входящие
x

кому: Zach
I also work at the firehouse!
I have just received sms from the bank and my account after conversion into dollars have only $ 640.
You can make a discount?
Regards, Roman.
Zach Brown ✆ tundratrader@gmail.com

кому: мне
That will work. Make sure it is paypal personal money owed. If not the fees will add up on me.

Zachary Brown

Last edited:
And more.
Zachary Brown asked me to make payment via paypal.com.
And he said, to issue a payment order as a personal gift.
And now I got this letter.
How should I understand?
"Zachary Brown ✆ tundratrader@gmail.com

3:12 (15 мин. назад)

Do you not admit that you wanted it
shipped as a low value used camping
tool?

Zachary Brown"

So you knew about the low declared value?

tundratrader requires.
My recognition of the topic.
I do not blame that tundratrader stole my money.
What do I have to confess?
This is a letter I received today.
"Zachary Brown ✆ tundratrader@gmail.com

3:32 (12 мин. назад)

Please admit on the thread that you requested
The knife shipped low value used camping
tool.

Zachary Brown"

rycen
Who do you ask?
Already 6,000 people everyone knows.
But that's not enough for tundratrader.

If he declared it at 50 to 100 per your request he could not have insured it for any more than that.From what I understand if you insure something at 600.00 you have to show the USPS that that items replacement cost is 600.00,hard to do with a knife that costs 385.00

One question about the theory of an insurance claim - if you declare the value of the package for customs at $40 can you legitimately insure it for any more than that? If you did and then filed the claim wouldn't it be obvious to the PO that you're fudging things on one side or the other? You're either undervaluing to beat the import fees or you're overinsuring to make profit on a claim. Neither situation looks like a winner.

Not applicable here...but:
You can do it for instances of item repair or service. Pretty sure that solid proof of date of ownership would be necessary for a claim, along with possibly showing proof of shipping inbound for the repair and a copy of the repair receipt. I'm not exactly sure how it can be done, but I know that it can under certain conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back