What's your Camp Knife ?

flintandsteel012.jpg

flintandsteel011.jpg

flintandsteel001.jpg

flintandsteel008.jpg

My BK-2 is my all-around favorite knife. Particularly for camp duties. Just playing around in the woods so far this year (spring?) I have found that with a BK-2 and my Vic Fieldmaster I can do pretty much anything I need to.

I would really like to add a BK-16, but that all depends on whether or not "corporate" approves the expense. I may get an Opinel 13 Saw too.

It would have to be my Mora 2000 what a great knife, less expensive than my other knives and is a workhorse.

mora1.jpg

Second would be my Camillus Pilots Knife, versatile / handy
B.jpg

Third, my Sog Seal Pup. Great knife as well

sp.jpg

mykel m

Gold Member
JK Hudson Bay XL.
I had John stretch his HB to 9" for me.
3/16" 01 with the heat scale left on.

b1660c80.jpg

Currently, I own the following...

-BK11 (nice small / light knife)
-Kabar USMC, stripped with foliage kraton grips (nice larger knife)
- CRKT M16 (folder, don't take it often)
- SAK Cadet (nice little EDC)
- Condor Bushlore (currently being shipped to me but I might return because I feel this might overlap with the BK11...what do you think?)

I'm looking to get a chopper on a budget. I like the BK9 but that would be a splurge for me. I have been checking out the Condor Hudson Bay as well or perhaps even a CS Trail hawk. My SOG hawk is fun for throwing but isn't really a chopper. I like to keep it light!

Any suggestions?

upnorth

Basic Member
Camp knife......hmmmmm....good question. I got a little (for me) ESEE 4 specificly to try a smaller F.B. outdoors. I'll have to put it to work more and stop pulling it out of my knife box, playing with it, then putting it back. :eek:

upnorth

Basic Member
Watching, learning. I may have to do some more thinking about my outdoor knife concepts............... hmmmm.

cramsey3006

Gold Member
Just picked up a BIC (big indestructible camp) in 1095 from Josiah Gravelle on the maker's for sale forum. I like WIDE blades. Can't wait for it to get here. I've also got a couple of the old Remington "hunter" knives in ATS34 and black zytel scales. They just fit my hand so well, I really like them. They'd be perfect if they were in O1, A2, or 1095. Lol.

TPVT

Gold Member
For car camping, I will take one of these two Laconico knives
Laconico008.jpg

11-21-09010.jpg

i don't have much experience with many of the knives pic'd here. love looking at the pics. thanks all.

beautiful knives lambertiana. i picked up a laconico edc on the exchange, and i'll tell you what....i couldn't have been more impressed. it's one of those knives that i just have to take out of the sheath and just hold. do i read it bedtime stories? maybe. maybe not.

While looking for a knife to recommend to a friend for camping, I came across this thread and had to post some of my knife pictures.

RAT-7 D2: