Kya............... An review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang I hope he releases the funds ....... That is very unfair, and I would say give him 24 hours or give him the boot but that's not up to me .

ssblood

BANNED
The ironic thing is that everyone will take notice of this. Even Rick Hinderer will be aware of how this is being handled. OP, you should seriously reconsider how you are handling this situation. It has already damaged your reputation greatly, you should probably go ahead and find another hobby.

snowreaper1

BANNED
Would it be possible for Rick to just return the knife to Kya? Or is that not possible being the knife is currently in ownership of Jeepdude.

ssblood

BANNED
Hopefully they can't look at the knife in the shop until all of this is settled. I'm sure they are still busy unpacking from Blade. Making knives to get to the dealer I have my preorder with and such.

CWL

... it is a shame but this joker get me for ............$650.................................. very sad, he wont get to keep it, rep lost... money too

Obviously this is jeep dud's only goal, to keep the money and the knife, not to sort things out.

Notice how he's been silent for the past 5 days, even though he logs in every day?

ssblood

BANNED
Well, soon it will be time for the seller to post his full name, address and phone number. That tends to have an effect also. Then to the postmaster to start a fraud investigation.

Typical GBU thread....and always interesting to watch new buyers and new sellers (especially in deals with each other)

I think it is pretty unfair to say who is right or who is wrong. What if Rick H. says the knife is actually pretty used? I am very sure many people above would owe jeepdud3 an apology and thank him for letting this sale thread out to the public so "you" don't have to pay NIB prices on a used knife from the same guy.

ssblood

BANNED
That's not the issue. The seller offered a refund. The buyer not only kept the knife and mailed it off to Hinderer he also filed a pp claim and took the money too. As of right now the has no knife or money.

That's not the issue. The seller offered a refund. The buyer not only kept the knife and mailed it off to Hinderer he also filed a pp claim and took the money too. As of right now the has no knife or money.

So it is ok for me to sell an used knife as a new knife as long as nobody catches me? But if someone catches me all I have to do is to refund and find the next victim? Hmmm...interesting. I don't know that's how it should work in this great forum.

stabman

Gold Member
So it is ok for me to sell an used knife as a new knife as long as nobody catches me? But if someone catches me all I have to do is to refund and find the next victim? Hmmm...interesting. I don't know that's how it should work in this great forum.

No one said that. They really didn't.
They said that keeping the knife and scamming back your cash is a dickish form of thievery, which it most certainly is.

They said that keeping the knife and scamming back your cash is a dickish form of thievery, which it most certainly is.

Amen. If rick comes back and says it used the the OP has a claim to file with paypal IF a refund was refused, which it publicly was not. until then they made a private agreement to have rick look at it at kya's expense. Kya didnt break any rules of the forum or their very public agreement so why should he continue to suffer?

Not logical, So he wants to steal the knife by sending it to Rick?

Amen. If rick comes back and says it used the the OP has a claim to file with paypal IF a refund was refused, which it publicly was not. until then they made a private agreement to have rick look at it at kya's expense. Kya didnt break any rules of the forum or their very public agreement so why should he continue to suffer?

If it is used then Kya broke the rules of lying (I hope there is such a rule in the rules page) And I don't think you would say he is suffering then.

stabman

Gold Member
Not logical, So he wants to steal the knife by sending it to Rick?
You're not tracking what has actually happened thus far, and I don't get what weird point you're trying to make at this point, so I'm going to leave it with one last thing:
Refund offered.
Refund offer not taken---cash grabbed back from PayPal instead.
At that point the knife should have been sent back to the seller...it wasn't.

Bad buyer. I wouldn't deal with him. Ever. The end.

one of the biggest problems that we all see in the exchange is NIB vs LNIB vs light use. Flat out lying is of course wrong and wont be tolerated and your right, if rick comes back and says the knife has def been used we will all be singing a different tune. But so many people use the NIB tag line even when its not true. Its impossible to gaurentee NIB quality as a second owner and also LNIB also places very high expectations. Whats even more impossible to gaurentee is a custom hand made knife as perfect and comparing it to cookie cutter quality that comes from productions. Many of the feedback threads ive read are all because of omissions (either purposely or by accident) and the difference in opinion between the seller/buyer and trader beause of those tag lines. However, what is also wrong is publicly crucifixing a guy who may or may not have had the best intentions without first doing everything you can to try and resolve the issue. I know when i sell/trade knives im on the edge of my seat until i hear the customer is happy since i do my best to describe and show any imperfections but all it takes is one a-hole to ruin your rep. I think everyone needs to come away from this realizing how to treat other people, both as a buyer and a seller, and most of all how to properly advertise your blades. The rules do state something along the lines of under promising and over delivering.

ssblood

BANNED
I will not be singing a different tune. I still would not buy or sell from jeepdud.

He should have take the refund if he was not happy with the knife. It was not his to send back to Rick.

I will not be singing a different tune. I still would not buy or sell from jeepdud.

agreed. I meant that the different tune would be that the knife was in fact used. However the way the situation was handled was way beyond neseccary and i will never set myself up for this possibily by dealing with him either.

Status
Not open for further replies.